Nonsuch exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hardworkbeingmum

Re: Nonsuch exams

Post by hardworkbeingmum »

Milli2004 wrote:Has someone received a letter from nonsuch. A friends DD received a letter few days back from Nonsuch, they said they did all the marking again. Because there was a mistake in marking. They have increased her scores. How can this possible?
A couple of my friends told me that they had received emails after the initial narking to say there had been a problem with one of the marking machines. This was back in the week results came out. Not now. Ones marks had gone up and the others down.

Presumably they wouldn't change scores now after CAF forms handed in and school choices made.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

How did they manage to keep a lid on this, so far? Appreciating Nonsuch for making the correction, rather than sticking to wrong results.
Sillyparent

Post by Sillyparent »

We are new to this form.Yes ,there was an error with one of the machines .My Dd's marks has gone up from 307 to 312 and we had the e mail just before 31st oct( 30th around 4 in the evening). :roll:
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

If it was a machine error wouldn't that be the SET result as presumably the other two papers were marked by hand?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Moon unit wrote:If it was a machine error wouldn't that be the SET result as presumably the other two papers were marked by hand?
In that case how many missed stage 2 or how many more invited to stage 2 test?

On the other hand, could this be error in calculating the weighted score, rather than marking individual elements.
Milli2004

Post by Milli2004 »

No it wasn't end of October. It was few days back in November. They said in the letter that they have checked all the papers again. Both papers,SET and stage 2. They found 8 mistakes and have informed the parents. Now they can change the CAF list. And this information is true I called yesterday the admission office and the lady said this is right.
Sillyparent

Post by Sillyparent »

This must be a different amendment for the marks as I have received Mine on the 30th of October. :?:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now