Tiffin Boys - after the result.. need input from TS parents

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
YoungSuccess

Re: Tiffin Boys - after the result.. need input from TS pare

Post by YoungSuccess »

CoolParent123 wrote:
YoungSuccess wrote: YS, how much is the commute time for your DS to QE? What is your personal preferred choice? Is it QE too or you changed your mind?
It will take 1 hour 20 mins . In a bad day, 1 hour 30 mins. We will stay local. :)
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

CoolParent123 wrote:
YoungSuccess wrote:Thanks Peridot for the great posts and info. Would like to indulge in a long post, but a busy Friday.

Thanks to others too. Keep input coming.

YS, howmuch is the commute time for your DS to QE? What is your personal preferred choice? Is it QE too or you changed your mind?
Local to Sutton / Surrey? did you not consider Sutton based schools?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I usually go with the children's choice, if feasible. Ultimately, they have to spent 5 or 7 years in the school. If he is deeply in love with QE, I won't make him choose what he thinks to be the second best choice. But, obviously, YS knows better if family can relocate or not - such a long travel obviously is not advisable.
Biggiesmall

Post by Biggiesmall »

Not at all Youngsuccess. It was a genuine suggestion. Some parents may not entrust their 10yr or 11yr child with such a decision. Good for you that you have.
YoungSuccess

Post by YoungSuccess »

CoolParent123 wrote:Local to Sutton / Surrey? did you not consider Sutton based schools?
Fortunately, he got high score in Tiffin, passed Wilsons, passed Wallington and high score in QE. :) Now he insist on doing SGS as well. :lol:
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

YoungSuccess wrote:
CoolParent123 wrote:Local to Sutton / Surrey? did you not consider Sutton based schools?
Fortunately, he got high score in Tiffin, passed Wilsons, passed Wallington and high score in QE. :) Now he insist on doing SGS as well. :lol:
Then dont worry about the school. He will succeed in whichever the school you put him in :D
YoungSuccess

Post by YoungSuccess »

CoolParent123 wrote:Then dont worry about the school. He will succeed in whichever the school you put him in :D
Thanks CP123! He is in love with QE, but wait until we do a few more early runs this half term break! Two very early waking ups should do the job! :lol:
Biggiesmall

Post by Biggiesmall »

Youngsuccess are you asking so that you can decide how to rank on the CAF? I suppose that's more tricky if you have potentially 5 to choose from.
YoungSuccess

Post by YoungSuccess »

Biggiesmall wrote:Youngsuccess are you asking so that you can decide how to rank on the CAF? I suppose that's more tricky if you have potentially 5 to choose from.
No problem with CAF filing! I am asking so that my son could read all the posts from current parents and he had a good read last night. :D
Biggiesmall

Post by Biggiesmall »

Good for you! I am still undecided re CAF as is my son :?