WCGS vs Langley Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
luvingdad

WCGS vs Langley Grammar

Post by luvingdad »

Hi,
My son has passed Wallington county grammar school second stage. Also, he scored 124 in slough consortium exam. We are interested in applying for Langlay grammar school.

Can you please advise/give some pointers which would help in deciding which school is a better choice between WCGS and Langlay grammar school. i would like to put my preference in CAF accordingly.

Thanks in advance.
tiffinboys

Re: WCGS vs Langley Grammar

Post by tiffinboys »

Both are good schools. But are miles and miles apart. if you have been to their open days and equally like both, then Choose the one near to your home.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

What I have heard in this forum WCGS is more talked about than Langley grammar whatever may be the reason. Have you visited either of the schools ? What does your DS think about the schools ? If you have not visited the schools then may be the other pointer is to talk to Langley parents and WCGS parents what are the good points of the schools and then make a decision based on that.
BTW if you can travel to either of the school without relocating then find out which one is easier to travel to. Grammar schools have homework as well as after school clubs therefore commuting can be tough for the kids.
Jem123

Post by Jem123 »

Langley Grammar is in Berkshire, so why would anyone be talking about it on this part of the forum? Maybe check out at the Berkshire forum.
test1

Post by test1 »

edit
Last edited by test1 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
test1

Post by test1 »

edit
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now