Tiffin Girls places...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pushydaddy

Tiffin Girls places...

Post by pushydaddy »

Hi all

Tiffin girls has 150 places, however presumably not all of the top 150 scoring girls will actually have Tiffins as their top choice on their CAF, and many will go down the independent route. Does anyone have any information from previous years as to what rank your DD needed to achieve to gain entrance to the school?

We have just got the invitation for stage 2, and I am just wondering whether she needs to be in the top 1/3, 1/2 or 2/3 of the cohort taking stage 2 to get a place.

thanks
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin Girls places...

Post by tiffinboys »

Difficult to make guess. I would rather concentrate on trying for one of the first 150 places.

Having said that, if TGS has invited 450 candidates,
- some might not even appear as they might have good results in other schools.
- some would have other grammar schools as their first choice.
- some would go the route of independent schools.

then I guess that even the rank 210 has a good chance to get the place, from wait-list if not on national allocation day.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

My DD gained a place in the first year of the two-stage test and although we know what her final mark was we have no idea of her ranking. You can't possibly second guess what might happen, as there is still the second stage test to go. As I've said on another thread I really wouldn't worry about it at this stage; whatever mark she has gained in the first stage test, 70% of the final mark is still up for grabs in the English and Maths test so focus on that!
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

pushydaddy wrote:Does anyone have any information from previous years as to what rank your DD needed to achieve to gain entrance to the school?
Not really. You are correct that you don't need to be in the Top 150. You find that there are many candidates who are applying both to Nonsuch and to TGS and they will ultimately choose one over the other and hence will allow the cutoff to move down.
However a good score at Stage 2 is mandatory as not all Stage 2 candidates will be above the final threshold.
Good Luck
SVE
Animis opibusque parati