2 March Waiting Thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hina

Re: 2 March Waiting Thread

Post by hina »

aww that's so bad, just on lighter note, we got call from the school about 2 hours before the results were out on the website, as i am working mother, I didn't walk into the school asking questions :-) but my DD did say one of the mother came with large bunch of flowers !!!!!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I didn't walk into the school asking questions :-) but my DD did say one of the mother came with large bunch of flowers !!!!!
How could they find out about allocation so early in London e-admission area? Or was it the next day?
hina

Post by hina »

ahh the flower bit was the next day, not on the same day :-)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Yeah, thought so.
But quite usual for the head to call 2 hours before to give the news. May be the head got too excited with such good news.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

I do like the cinema idea - may try that one!

I've tried to be cool, calm and collected about it but my DD is starting to get nervous. Had to calm her down - think she's ok now after I told her she's done her best and we're proud of her. Whatever happens, we'll ensure that she ends up at a good school.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for Nonsuch or Wallington.

Not long now.....
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

hina wrote:aww that's so bad, just on lighter note, we got call from the school about 2 hours before the results were out on the website, as i am working mother, I didn't walk into the school asking questions :-) but my DD did say one of the mother came with large bunch of flowers !!!!!
I didn't mean to imply that you went stomping in there, hina...sorry... Just suddenly thought it would be a good idea to dissuade others from going in to school and trying to get the result early.

Remembering how I felt waiting for March 2nd, I just think I tried to keep my brain as busy as possible to try to stop myself thinking about it. I read novels deep into the night too so I wouldn't lie awake pondering. And interestingly the children didn't want to discuss it with me - we all seemed to try to deal with the waiting in our own way.
hina

Post by hina »

lol yeah i know the feeling, i decided to come to work early, but had to admit, i kept refreshing the page every few hours :-) and checking my phone for text message....waiting game was nightmare, and I do feel for everyone right now, DD & DS worked so hard to get this far.....wish them all the best, :-)
dumbdad

Post by dumbdad »

Just clear of the interviews for several indies - KCS, Hampton and KGS. Chat not DS' strong point, so not banking on offers there - and his primary doesn't send many independent. In the running for Tiffin and SGS. Good luck all.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Having a good score in Tiffin and interviews in all these indies!
I am sure you will have tough decisions to make in few weeks. Good Luck.
Catlady

Post by Catlady »

Hope your DS does well dumbdad and I'm sure he will. I think we are all so aware of our own DCs weaknesses because we are so close to them but to others they come across so much better including those interviews, The interviewers see the child for his/her strengths and I think we are (without meaning to be) hyper-critical. I am very guilty of this myself and wish I wasn't. Getting through all those Indies and top Grammar schools is impressive - well done to your DS!
Last edited by Catlady on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now