2 March Waiting Thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Womblemania

Re: 2 March Waiting Thread

Post by Womblemania »

Great to see a little gang have gathered!

So we have TGS at no 1 on CAF and Nonsuch no 2.

Have had scholarship interview at one indie and waiting on results for 2 others this week.

No sign of SATS prep yet but have parents evening coming up so I guess we'll know more then.

DD put in an entry to the 500 words short story competition this week of her own free will and is putting in lots of music practice. She's definitely inclined to keep herself busy in a useful manner - wish DS1 and DS2 had her work ethic!
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Can I join the gang too?
We have Wallington as number one and Nonsuch next.
Dd has been offered an indie place with a scholarship but not enough to make a big dent in the fees.Even if it was though I would still prefer a grammar for all sorts of reasons.
Not long until we know now.
I am going to try and stop myself from constantly logging on like I did two years ago for my DS. I just didn't really believe that that nothing would be there until 5pm on the day!.
I also seem to remember last time being told not to log on but wait for an email. I don't think I've seen that written anywhere this time.
Good luck to all.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Wish you all the best; only 4 more weeks to wait for state schools, but Indies outcome will start coming in few days.
dadathome

Post by dadathome »

Moon unit wrote: I also seem to remember last time being told not to log on but wait for an email. I don't think I've seen that written anywhere this time.
We'll get an email 'during the evening' of Mon 2nd March - https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/eAdmissi ... ge#outcome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Emails might be sent in batches, sometimes quite late in the evening, where-as the outcome would be available on-line from 5 pm (Pan London area).
dadathome

Post by dadathome »

Will that be on the eadmissions website?
hina

Post by hina »

from last year's experience, the email never came but i did get text message about 10pm. But results were available on website by 5pm, primary schools find out the results a day before, so if you know the teachers well they will be able to tell you :-)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

dadathome wrote:Will that be on the eadmissions website?
Yes
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

There is also the Parent Comms app - I've downloaded it in the hope that the outcome gets through quicker than the email!
pushydaddy

Post by pushydaddy »

hina wrote:from last year's experience, the email never came but i did get text message about 10pm. But results were available on website by 5pm, primary schools find out the results a day before, so if you know the teachers well they will be able to tell you :-)

Hi Hina

This year, the offer day is on a Monday, so would the primary school know on the Friday or the Sunday? If so should I pop by the heads office mid morning on the 2nd and see if he has anything to say?

DD is waiting on results from TGS and LEH (which we don't really want to afford) and a grammar school in Kent which will mean relocating! which all seems a lot to leave on the balance of poor DDs exam results. Really not sure how we got into this mess :?

Only three and a half weeks to go...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now