Sutton Mocks is now sold out. Does anyone have a spare slot

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

Re: Sutton Mocks is now sold out. Does anyone have a spare

Post by Guest55 »

Sorry - I'm with 'mocks' on this. They are running these to raise funds for their school not as a business!

There are strict safeguarding procedures they must follow to ensure everything runs smoothly. It is totally irresponsible to send someone in another child's place; what if there was an emergency?
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Yes, having experienced the Sutton mocks with our daughter, and having realised the enormous amount of excellent voluntary work done by the Sutton PTA to organise them, I fully agree with moon unit and G55. It's a school fund-raiser, not a commercial business, and I personally don't think the organisers have any obligation to accommodate people who change their minds or don't apply in time for a test with a finite number of places. I'm surprised and impressed that they run these mocks at all!

It's a real shame if circumstances arise that mean you can't take your child to the mock - but you will need to consider what you will do if anything similar arises on the day of the actual 11 plus test. If you are ill, or out of the country, what arrangements can you put in place to enable your child to attend?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Mocks are great fund raisers. SGS PTA does it very well and raise a very large amount for their school. I think every grammar school that prepare it's own tests should organise mock tests as real as possible the actual tests in the interest of transparency.

I also wonder why Tiffin schools don't have their own mocks?
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

I agree, these mocks are really well organised and the experience is invaluable.

My ds took the tests this morning and my dd took them 3 years ago. In the case of my dd, I only discovered the tests the Friday before the last weekend, there were spaces so I contacted SGSPTA, they were very helpful and accommodating and the next morning she turned up at the test ready to go! This time I was far more prepared and booked in January - just as well given how popular they have been this year.

There is always a risk when pre-booking something that clashes may occur but I think SGSPTA has a fair policy and as 'mocks' has said they can look at individual circumstances in exceptional cases.

I would recommend to a friend!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

In contrast to last year when there were lots of empty seats I hear that the slot this morning was completely full. This is good news that more students are getting a chance to have this experience and that parents have been able to transfer their slots to others through the organisers.. I wonder if they will add even more slots next year and start in April. For those sitting real exams in June and July, May is a little late! Perhaps they could also consider a CEM paper as a Paper C. This would sell out very quickly. A big thank you for lots of A and B slots this year which will help so many students to feel at ease in exam rooms and parents to have some idea of their students performance before the real exam. DG
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Tiffinboys: The current ( outgoing) head at Tiffin School was very anti running mock tests as a method of fundraising for some reason. Perhaps the new head could be persuaded?
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Running mocks would also take a great deal of investment of time and effort by the PTA.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

As they say; No Pain, No Gain.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now