Childs sickness

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mgm

Childs sickness

Post by mgm »

I just want to know that if some child is sick and couldn't give 11 plus in that year then is it allowed to give 11 plus in next educational year and repeat the year?
hermanmunster

Re: Childs sickness

Post by hermanmunster »

there is usually a second date for children who are unwell on the date of the original exam
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

It is very unlikely that a child would allowed to repeat year 6. I have never known it to happen even if the child had a statement of SEN. Also, what would the child gain from repeating the year?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Is there a cut-off for how much time the child would have had to have missed? I assume that if they were diagnosed very early go the first term with something which meant spending the rest of the year having repeated courses of chemotherapy, the LA night allow them to register again for year 6 the following year. But certainly not just because they 'weren't very well' on the 11+ test date.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I have taught children who have had chemotherapy and were in and out of hospital for the best part of the school year , even they did not repeat a year.
Gringo64

Post by Gringo64 »

I don't think local authorities like it so there is no way they would suggest it, but I would certainly suggest and push for it if you feel your child has missed so much that they need to repeat the year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now