Feedback - SET 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
RajeevKumar

Re: Feedback - SET 2015

Post by RajeevKumar »

Mine centre was Greenshaw, it was well organised with limited infrastructure they have got. Does any one have idea about the qualifying score of last year?
Kingston mum

Post by Kingston mum »

Hi
My DS sat the SET at Greenshaw school this morning. My husband said the parking was almost impossible with narrow streets and huge traffic jams and a mobile camera car driving around taking photos of cars parked on drives etc but he managed to find a parking space 10 min walk away. Going in was a huge queue but moving quickly so they were well organised. We were told to pick them up after 12 and they finished at around 1140 and they were all kept outside in the driving rain waiting for the parents to turn up. They had some people with umbrellas but not enough. All in all quite intimidating for some children due to the sheer number of applicants but this was to be expected and was a good experience for the Tiffin exam. [Edited by moderator. To reveal any aspect of test content without a moderator's permission is a breach of forum rules & guidance. See the FAQs, no. 13, below.]
I will suggest to allow plenty of time and more as we left Kingston at 7 30 and he just got in at 9 00, for a 6 mile journey.
When will we find out the results does anybody know?

• 13. "Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?"
      Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters. As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.
      No one should be revealing any aspect of test content unless a moderator has agreed.
      Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).
      Copyright must be respected.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 90#p346290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunshine7

Post by Sunshine7 »

Results are emailed to you on Friday 25 Sept.
Starlight14

Post by Starlight14 »

My DS sat at Wilsons and we arrived around 8.15am, found a parking space nearby and walked leisurely to the school and waited in the queue. The children started being led in about 8.50.

We found it very well organised, there were lots of cadets around to show parents and children around. There was a bit of congestion but it soon passed.

Pick up was also led smoothly.

Considering the amount of boys sitting at Wilsons I found it very well run.
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

Hi,

Do we have any idea as to how many sat the paper today???

Thanks
Jas
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

Our DD did afternoon session at wallington high school for Girls. It's well arranged. Never had any issues since we got there by 11 for 12 noon session
Had to wait in queue until 12.
Buy queue moved in quickly once the gate was open.
Pick up was easy but bit later than arranged time
Head mistress said there are 2500 girls sitting in Sutton 11 plus test .
Not sure how many go through second level last year.
anyone has the info ?
Please post
Thanks
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Some figures in last year's threads. From memory, about 1800 girls sat and about 770 passed stage 1.
Sunshine7

Post by Sunshine7 »

Wow 2500 girls!

Having said that, I met a couple who were there as a trial or the experience.

Hate the waiting!
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Any idea how many boys sat the test? How many go through to the second round?
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Last year it was about 4500 roughly half boys and girls.
1800 or so went through to next stage approx 50/50 boys and girls.
Approx 750 passed Nonsuch. The number that passed Wally girls wasn't specified but the feeling was it was probably less as quite a few we knew passed Nonsuch but not Wally.
If your children make it through to the next stage the odds are really quite good.
We didn't actually know of any girls who passed the next stage but didn't end up with a place.