tiffin boys test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Re: tiffin boys test

Post by tiffinboys »

GL VR had two distinct parts - one dealt with English mostly and other with Maths mostly. The new type English and Maths papers, I think, includes both elements in the respective papers in addition to other aspects of English (eg. comprehension) & Maths.

CEM VR is basically English paper.
J50

Post by J50 »

Surely this is the best thing they could do, to try and surprise people with different types of questions that no one was expecting as a way of testing? Better than leaving themselves open to massively over tutored children that have the methods of codes and the such like hammered into them until they are second nature. It would be best if the schools didn't say anything about the content of the exams and just surprised everyone on the day. And then did something quite different the next year. And the next. Et cetera.
Kingston mum

Post by Kingston mum »

From the examples given it looks like it is a lot of VR content however I don't know if this will be a true reflection of the whole test. My DD didn't mention any VR content in the English SET test so the Sutton schools manage to test English without any VR. Actually one of them I think Wilson even mentions on their website that there is no VR in their test.
Is it me but I find the way they want the maths marked very awkward, eg if you have a number with 4,5 digits as the answer you have to mark each digit individually which is time consuming and more prone to errors if you are in a rush.
I haven't encountered this type of marking before but trust Tiffin to be different :?
J 50 if you haven't done VR as no state school teaches it then there is an extra thing you have to prepare for and does encourage more tutoring not less.
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

In my Ds primary school, all the kids who passed the SET are being tutored except my Ds and he often mentioned that their tutors teach VR too though it waas not part of the SET syllabus. whereas we never bothered abt it as it is not taught in school.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Still 4 clear days before test. Practice VR GL one or two papers from pack 1 or 2 . Perhaps leaving code type questions. You might also need 'How to do VR' type book.

Some familiarization would be really useful. No time for doing full VR, but doing one or two papers would make Tiffin papers less of a surprize.
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

:( :( :(
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Why this googly now.
Osho

Post by Osho »

This should not be any worries for the parents of kids who have aptitude and read the instructions carefully while doing the test. these questions are just an extension of the preparation already done.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now