Tiffin boys -first stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NiksMum

Re: Tiffin boys -first stage

Post by NiksMum »

I rang the school and have been told the results will be emailed out today at 4pm!!!

Good luck everyone
Kingston mum

Post by Kingston mum »

Thank you Womblemania I thought it will be like the SET early morning the day before, mind you with all that transpired re the mistakes in marking in the SET, probably is better to wait a bit longer...
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

Got the tiffins result by email.second test is on 10th nov.
optimisticdad

Post by optimisticdad »

yes - got the email too - we are thinking of giving the second test a miss as it is clearly mentioned that if you are outside prio area, very unlikely to get a seat; I should have read and understood the policy well before putting DS through it.
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

Appreciate if someone give suggestions on 2nd stage preparation for tiffins. I'm guessing there will be comprehension along with writing as there was no comprehension in stage 1 test. For maths ,what sort of books for problem solving?

Appreciate any help.
gd1976

Post by gd1976 »

My DS has just had the email and has done well being offered a place to sit the second round of tests. We are over the moon but we were wondering are the two scores of both tests combined or are we starting from scratch with the second one?
Also does anyone have any idea how many places are usually taken to the second round.
My DS is close to the cut off score so just looking for as much info as possible.
Thank you so much
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Stage 1 scores are not added to the final score, which will be based on stage 2 test alone. Every thing to play for. Good Luck.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Stage 1 scores are not added to the final score, which will be based on stage 2 test alone. Every thing to play for. Good Luck.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

gd1976 wrote:My DS has just had the email and has done well being offered a place to sit the second round of tests. We are over the moon but we were wondering are the two scores of both tests combined or are we starting from scratch with the second one?

Also does anyone have any idea how many places are usually taken to the second round.
My DS is close to the cut off score so just looking for as much info as possible.
Thank you so much
Section 8.3 in this document answers your first question: http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/adm ... y_2016.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ConcernedDad also answered it on the first page of this thread.

As for your second question, from what I've observed, the ratio of second round candidates to available spaces tends to be about 2.5:1 or even 3:1 at super selective schools.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.