Tiffin Boys First stage result out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pii

Tiffin Boys First stage result out

Post by pii »

Tiffin boys result out. DS invited to go to second stage. Happy
kashifzs

Re: Tiffin Boys First stage result out

Post by kashifzs »

Yep! Mine too. Well done to all who passed.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

kashifzs wrote:Yep! Mine too. Well done to all who passed.
Your DS must be so overjoyed with what's happened in the last few days :D :D :D :D :D :D
pii

Post by pii »

DS found maths hard ; miscalculated the timings in maths paper and had lost hope of passing tiffin. Though he did pass Slough , QE and Bucks with very good marks.
Tiffin was all he wanted because his elder brother is there. Now he is over the moon. :D :D :D
Doubledutch

Post by Doubledutch »

We are through too. Very happy!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Congrats to all who are moving to stage 2. Those who didn't will still greatly benefit from their hard work in which ever school they go.
Kingston mum

Post by Kingston mum »

My DS passed the first stage also, very happy.
Quite interesting how much detail TS gave re their correction process: each paper checked twice with different hardware, different operators, results cross checked and random checks afterwards. I wonder if it was for parents' reassurance re mistake like the SET cannot happen at TS? Also there is no room for appeals as they were so rigorous
London boy

Post by London boy »

My son also passed first stage. We are worried about catchment area as we live in london. In the admission policy, it's says that we are less likely to be offered the place if we don't live in catchment area. Is there any still chance for my son to get a place if he gets higher marks in second test? Does the higher marks get more priority ?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

You won't get offered a place if you are out of catchment. The school will not offer a place to a boy who lives more than 14km from the school. They will simply "pass" enough boys to ensure that there is no risk of them not being able to offer to in-catchment boys first. Even if your son scores the highest possible score, he will not be offered a place. It is similar at schools such as Newstead Woods which has a 9 mile radius catchment area. Whilst the admissions policy is worded in such a way as to sound as if there is a remote possibility, the school is quite clear that they do not intend for this to happen in practice, and they have the ability to manipulate the passmark in order to prevent it happening.
London boy

Post by London boy »

Hi Ladymuck
Thanks very much but it is sad to hear it. The School should not let pupils sit the test who are from out of catchment. We had spent time and effort to do this. Other schools such as DAO and Ilford country are pretty honest that they said straightaway that we cannot sit the test as we are out of catchment.

So what should we do, still take the second test? How about Slough, Langley school.? He also passed so can apply. The restrictions are the same?

Thanks again xx