Sutton test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Anna

re: nonsuch exam 24th Nov 2007

Post by Anna »

Hi SD,
My daughter also sat the Nonsuch exam this morning and found the maths paper OK. However she was surprised to find some type questions that aren't normally on the Nfer Nelson practice papers. (i.e. the vr questions where you have 3 sets of numbers and four words and you have to work out the number which represents the letter). If you look at the nfer nelson papers that Nonsuch recommend they only cover 15 types of vr and this type of question is not on them so I was surprised when she told me that there were 6 of these on the paper.
I suspect those girls who are also sitting the Tiffins exam might be more likely to anticipate this type of vr question as their exam covers all 21 types of vr questions and they are more prepared.
My daughter also ran out of time even though when she was doing practice papers she was completing them within the specified time.
relievedmum

wallingtongirls exams

Post by relievedmum »

have just found this weesite- so wish I had found it before exams! My daughter did test today for Wallington Girls - said she found VR OK thought when they said 25 minutes to go that they were saying 5 minutes so rushed a few questions and then went back to check them (hopefully) she then finished the VR paper and said the maths paper was easier. Maths has always been her weaker subject but recently has become more successful and scoring high 80% or 90+ for practice papers. Difficult to assess how she has done but she came out happy and that was the main concern. It is so difficult to ascertain whether she stands a chance as we are in second band (i.e. only 20% of intake) any thoughts welcome - good luck to whoever was there
SD

Post by SD »

no crying over was is done wait for results in march 08
SD

Post by SD »

oh sorry typing error
no crying over split milk as what is done is done
wait till March 08 for results
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now