WHSG second stage results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Re: WHSG second stage results

Post by tiffinboys »

agathachristie wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:
londonmum00 wrote:Congrats to all. Why don't they? Has this always been the case? Most grammars do provide scores so people estimate the likelihood of getting a place, especially for OOC?
Any idea about last year's cutoffs for OOC? Thanks
They think some children will boost and make other children cry.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No joke. WHSG and SGS actually gave this reason to the School Adjudicator in 2013.
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

Does anyone know please if theres a chance to go visit Non Such before submitting the CAF form ? we have not gone for the open day completely forgot when the day came?
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Not likely as its half term next week. Have you contacted the school?
Coulsdonmum

Post by Coulsdonmum »

DD didn't pass WHSG (IC) but did pass Nonsuch (OOC), we didn't go to open eve for Nonsuch due to distance, now in a dilema. Don't think she would get an OOC at Nonsuch based on exam score but should we rule out the possibility?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

One never know about the cut off score initially and from the waiting list, it depends on preferences of other candidates. If you want the place in Nonsuch, then do put it in the CAF.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

You don't get your score after allocation day if you get offered at place
at WHSG.Its a policy that all girls will start on a equal footing.
The boys at Wilson's don't ever find out their scores either .
Castlesinthesky

Post by Castlesinthesky »

tiffinboys wrote:
londonmum00 wrote:Congrats to all. Why don't they? Has this always been the case? Most grammars do provide scores so people estimate the likelihood of getting a place, especially for OOC?
Any idea about last year's cutoffs for OOC? Thanks
They think some children will boost and make other children cry.
After yesterday I think they may have a point. DD passed Nonsuch but is OOC whereas another girl at her school is in IC. I have not told DD her score because I don't want comparing, worrying etc. and until March it is not going to be clear where the cut off for top 85 is.The other girl's parents have estimated their DD's score. As I haven't told DD her score the other DD implied it is bad news. I am still not telling DD.
Moon unit wrote:You don't get your score after allocation day if you get offered at place
at WHSG.Its a policy that all girls will start on a equal footing.
The boys at Wilson's don't ever find out their scores either .
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I would tell dd that she passed and that she scored well. No point in keeping kids under stress. Telling them how well they have performed, what ever the score, would encourage them to work and do better in other exams. We have TGS stage 2 and then perhaps, one or two indies' test.
Castlesinthesky

Post by Castlesinthesky »

Thanks, Tiffin boys. I told her she scored well and she had been happy with that until the conversation with the other child. Think she is okay again after I said no-one knows what the cut offs are yet.

We have at least 2 Indy tests coming up as Nonsuch was the only grammar within 40 mins travel By public transport.
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

Tiffinboys
am with you on that

if my DD's learns someone scored especially higher than her will make her even put in more effort Next time i think...... :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now