Non Such Vs Wallington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gringo64

Re: Non Such Vs Wallington

Post by Gringo64 »

Yes, I have two girls in year 7.
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

which one of the schools. please share your/their experiences. you can PM me if you wouldn't mind

thanks
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

ladymuck- if you dont mind me asking please how far is your other DD's coed school from home and is it one straight journey?

and the purley route you suggested is a distant for me. which bus is this though
Gringo64

Post by Gringo64 »

My girls are very happy at Nonsuch and so far we are impressed.
There seems to be a very happy atmosphere at the school.
We are delighted that they have no homework for half-term.There is a rule that no homework is given out to year 7s, 8s and 9s in the school holidays.
The school encourages the girls to join lots of clubs and make friends. They believe that if the girls are happy they are more likely to achieve their full potential.

There is a recent topic discussing and comparing Wallington and Nonsuch.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43978
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

My dcs school is just over 5 miles away, a direct train journey with a walk along a residential road.

In terms of league tables, this may end up telling you more about relative size of intakes and the types of entrance tests used a number of years ago than the relative standards of the teaching in the schools today. Both schools now use very similar tests to select their cohort, and the numbers of girls applying to both schools will have increased significantly from 6-8 years ago. I would approach the league tables with caution bearing in mind that it is historic data. Certainly last year there seemed to be a number of instances where girls had scored enough to get into Nonsuch but not Wallington, and doubtless there were many in the opposite direction too.

The bus I was referring to is the 612, the dedicated school bus which travels along the 412 bus route which comes into Purley then onto Sanderstead and Selsdon. The 412 itself heads onto West Croydon station, though it is not the most direct of journeys.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now