Sutton grammar appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Moon unit

Re: Sutton grammar appeal

Post by Moon unit »

Living locally over the years I've known quite a few boys this has happened to. Sometimes it's Wilson's they don't pass and sometimes it's one of the others they didn't get but passed Wilson's.
Not sure it would necessarily mean it implies they missed out some questions though.The English particularly has caught a lot out in recent years.
If I understand the situation correctly you can only appeal for a school named on your CAF so I am assuming you have done that.
The problem with appeals in Sutton is there will be a significant number who passed and don't get a place so I think that means it's harder to be successful.
I don't think siblings going to grammars will make a difference at appeal.
There is I suppose nothing to be lost by giving it a go other than the stress and aggravation of doing it and maybe you would regret it if you don't try.
I have to say I've never heard of a successful appeal for Wilson's.
Wishing you all the best and a place at a school that your son will be happy at.
shaysmum

Post by shaysmum »

Thanks Moon Unit.

I'm really local as well! :D

Just frustrated they offer no remark/return of the paper,hence we feel we have no choice but to appeal!!
Proud Of My DS

Post by Proud Of My DS »

My DS has been offered a place at Wallington County Grammar School for Sept 2016.

According to the Sutton Grammar 2nd stage tests his results were standardized as follows.

60% of Selective Eligibility Test (English) 94.60
60% of Selective Eligibility Test (Maths) 94.60
90% of Second Stage English Test 91.00
90% of Second Stage Maths Test 100.10

For those whose DS scored around about the above marks and are on the waiting list for Wallington Grammar, the above will hopefully give you an idea on whether to keep fingers crossed or not.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now