Tiffin Stage Two test - boys (10/11/15)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NiksMum

Re: Tiffin Stage Two test - boys (10/11/15)

Post by NiksMum »

@ newto11+ - my son said that the test definitely started at 8:45am.
phantomguzzler

Post by phantomguzzler »

If 527 passed the first stage does anyone know if this number includes boys that live more than 14km away.
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

My apologies - I think I've confused everyone here. Collected my son at 2.30 and realised as we were few mins late, they told us to come back at 9.45 - So all the latecomers did the maths and eng writing along with others and were given the chance to do the missed eng first test after 12.30. ( There were 20-30 who were late by few mins in the morning) We were not told the reason for asking us to wait outside hence the confusion :?
J50

Post by J50 »

newto11+ wrote: ( There were 20-30 who were late by few mins in the morning)
Late! Late! For an exam like this :shock: :shock: ... wish I was running it, that would be 20-30 boys crossed off the list of possibles to save a bit of marking time!
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

newto11+ wrote:We were puzzled too to see very few there( 30 - 40 boys ). And also, we're informed that the test would start at 8.25 but it was delayed till 9.45! Wondering how many sessions they are having today?
...and it was more like 30-40 at first glance. :shock:

Still, thank you very much for coming back to explain what happened. I think everyone was curious, newto11+
We were not told the reason for asking us to wait outside hence the confusion :?
That was very kind of the school. At least they didn't give out yards or turn you away.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Kingston mum

Post by Kingston mum »

We were there at 8 10 and there were not many children, a steady flow but not a queue.
DH at pick up mentioned there were around max 400 parents waiting in the hall so I'm a bit surprised to hear they selected 527 boys. The difference can't be made by late sitters surely.
He drove by the school at around 10 and he noticed 50-60 boys waiting outside the gates so I'm a bit puzzled were they all late or they had a later sitting?
If indeed they were late for the exam you wonder how will they be able to commute for the next 5-7 years :shock:
I know we shouldn't give any details regarding the exam but my DS found it the hardest of them all, apparently he looked a bit shocked when he came out. Just wanted to know if other children felt the same, according to him nobody looked happy.
Glad it's over though, try to forget about it for the next 4 months :|
Proud Of My DS

Post by Proud Of My DS »

It is possible that the late comers are the ones that sat the 1st exam in the afternoon and were unaware of how difficult it is to get to Tiffins on time during rush hour. I travelled from Sutton in Surrey and I allowed myself 3 times as long as the travel time on the SAT NAV. I arrived at Tiffins School at 7:50am. I sat in my car from 8:20am on Birkenhead Avenue and saw so many parents arriving late with their sons. One of them arrived as late as 9:05am and was then told, (when he arrived at the school gate) to bring his son back at 9:30am.
Kingstone

Post by Kingstone »

My son came out looking as white as a sheet, and could barely speak for about 10 minutes!
confused11

Post by confused11 »

My son came out crying. He sat about 9 exams in total and passed every single one. I am just shocked, as he is a confident boy. Really felt bad and as he was inconsolable.
He kept saying there was not enough time to finish the maths paper. Had to reassure him that this is just an exam and not to get so worried about it. poor kids.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Hope this is not the thing to see in TGS test.

All the best to Tiffin candidates. If the papers were hard, these were hard for all the boys. The scores would be ranked and the top ones offered place (even if raw score is low) if Tiffin is their higher preference.

Considering some may have not appeared at all and quite many would have higher preferences for other schools, the odds are much like 1:2. Good Luck.

It's time to relax and if sitting for indies' tests, to prepare for those tests.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now