Tiffin Girls results - please add comments here from the 1st

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sonasona

Re: TIFFIN GIRLS RESULTS - Please add comments here from the

Post by sonasona »

Congratulations tiffinboys :D
keen2know

Post by keen2know »

Hi,
Just to say thank you to this forum members for getting through the preparation, exams and the wait together, sharing pains and being so generous with your advice! Best of luck to those whose wait is not over yet. Whatever the results, they've done well, getting through incredibly hard exams.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Thanks, sonasona. Wish all the best to you and your dds.
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

drvs wrote:hello i have just received the letter.my DD has scored 49.54 /100. the girl with the 180th place has scored 50.45.could anyone tell me or guide me if there is any chance for my DD in TGS please.
thanks
drvs
Hi drvs,

I have a strong feeling that your daughter has a very strong chance of getting an offer from the school.

Here are my two cents :

# of Candidates who sat Stage One Test : 1358
# of Candidates who sat Stage Two Test : 458 (about one-third of those who sat Stage One Test)
# of Initial Offers : 180 (about two-fifths of those who sat Stage Two Test)

As per snowdaddy’s observation of the waitlist 3 years ago,
- waitlist will be announced in about 3 weeks after accounting for initial declines. Let us assume this number was 12/15 (8%-10% of offers that year).
- waitlist movement was about 12/15 places

Which means the final places were offered to about 25/30 candidates beyond the initial cut-off. Moreover, school capacity that year was 150 while it is 180 now. So, this 25/30 is probably a conservative figure.

Assuming that the scores of the cohort follow a normal distribution (i.e.the mean, median and mode are the same), scores are probably concentrated around the score of Candidate #229 (half of 458). Which also implies that the scores between Candidate #180 and Candidate #205/210 (180 + 25/30) are not that close.

How close is close is of course very difficult to guess.

We know that Candidate #180 scored 50.45%. Unfortunately, we don’t know the mean / median score of the cohort. However, we know three other scores this year : 82.4%, 68.6% and 58.9%. This indicates that the distribution is pretty wide.

I therefore think that your DD stands a very chance as she scored only 0.91% from the score of Candidate #180.

There are of course a number of assumptions in the above reasoning.

Good luck to you and your DD!
Last edited by ConcernedDad on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Stroller wrote:
tiffinboys wrote::D

Anxiously waiting for the letter from the school.
Name change in order? :lol:
tiffinboys, it is high time you move on from TB to TC (tiffinchildren) :wink:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Name change :lol: :lol:

About TGS offers, 50.45 is the score of the candidate who has been offered 180th place. As some might have placed other schools as their higher preference, this candidate would have a rank quite lower than 180. The last rank offered currently may even be lower than 250, considering higher preferences for Nonsuch, HBS or even some OOC sitting for stage 2 test.
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Very valid point. Thanks.
drvs

Post by drvs »

thank you very much CD &TB for the fantastic info & wishes .one of my friends daughter who live in hounslow has scored 67.27 & is a happy TG now.
Vdan

Post by Vdan »

Hi all,
Congrats to all dds who have gone through.

My DD had done quite well both in NSG and Wallington stage2 exams. We were confident of a place in TGS and she had her heart set on it. She hasn't got through and her score doesn't seem promising as well.We were quite shocked. She is quite good in Maths but her Maths score is 25.1/40. DD normally gives an accurate picture after the exams.She was sure she had done well and had enough time to check her answers. Is there any way we could apply for revaluation of her papers? I am new to this process. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
drvs

Post by drvs »

Does requesting for an appeal form in any ways affect my DD being on the waiting list?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now