Wilsons results - please add comments here from the 1st

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
negs

Re: WILSON'S RESULTS - Please add comments here from the 1st

Post by negs »

So how does it work if they offer someone later on an offer from their reserve list.

Does it automatically cancel the other school place which someone may have accepted ?
Who has the responsibility of informing the other school if the offer is accepted to make sure someone is not holding multiple offers.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Yes Purpleduck - errors do happen, but this over-offering by Wilson's happens each year, and so far they seem to have got the numbers right.

If more that 38 boys reject their place at Wilsons, then offers are made to those of WL in order of ranked position. This could include boys who didn't originally apply to Wilsons but have now been invited to do so.

I think that the exact procedure regarding WL offers varies by schools and date at which the offer is made (as of course the allocated school may be outside of the PAN London arrnagements).
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

That was my impression re. Wilson's over-offering, Ladymuck, I've never heard of anyone offered by Wilson's and then rejected. I'm glad this is the case.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
fifi kaan

Post by fifi kaan »

Wilson's were meant to send letters out regarding waiting list on Friday I hear mostly all mums have recieved that letter
I haven't received anything as yet ,called the school they said they will send my letter today looks like they missed my DS
38 over offers is huge I doubt they would get to waiting list boys
Gee

Post by Gee »

I hope they won't reject those boys who have been offered a place. That would cause distress to the parents and the child.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

No, they won't rescind the offers. Sutton Council will have looked closely at the applications as well as previous year trends before agreeing to an extra 38 offers. In a normal year they still go to 20 odd on the WL. A lot of prep school boys sit it as a mock for Whitgift and others, and Whitgift offer around 30 bursary places, so some top scorers are getting a free place at Whitgift and take that. They over offer to get ahead of the WL process, as otherwise they're having to re-offer an extra 30-40 places, which takes time to contact parents and wait for answers.
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

This question will be clarified on the Induction day to the Boys. They will be given greater Surrey map to mark their home post code. This is to enable them to form a cohort for travel and get to know each other better.

We all know more than 2500 boys took the first level test and nearly 1/3 of them for Wilson's second stage?

The additional 38 offers are because, boys were offered places with postcodes in Watford, Barnet, Kent, Slough, Reading and some of the places you can't imagine.... :D
The tricky part is some of the top performers in the test are not just living far from school but could have listed Wilson's 2nd in the CAF over QE, St. Olives, Tiffin, Colchester etc.

Whitgift or Trinity offers are countable number .....
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

CoolParent123 wrote:We all know more than 2500 boys took the first level test and nearly 1/3 of them for Wilson's second stage?
This is the figure I have heard - do you know how reliable this information is, CoolParent?
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

Not Sure Purple Duck. But the number talked after the Selective Eligibility Test was about 4800 Boys and Girls took the first level test.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

CoolParent123 wrote:Not Sure Purple Duck. But the number talked after the Selective Eligibility Test was about 4800 Boys and Girls took the first level test.
Thank you, CoolParent. I wish schools would just tell parents the numbers involved - they did for Stage 2, so why not disclose SET data as well? It would help prevent speculation and wild stories, I think.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now