Nonsuch Girls result - please add comments here from the 1st

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Maddy3505

Re: NONSUCH GIRLS RESULT- please add comments here from the

Post by Maddy3505 »

Mittleme wrote:thanks for that quick reply Maddy 3505. so are you planning to be doing the school runs when you say No easy public transport.

We live in the South Croydon area closer to Wallington
Yes will be doing the school run everyday
Coulsdonmum

Post by Coulsdonmum »

Mittleme

Congratulations on your place, we too got an out of catchment place and did not attend the open evening. I have called and emailed the school about arranging a visit but no reply as yet.

Where are you, we are in Coulsdon and have not yet worked out travel arrangements, we have a son at primary in Coulsdon for another 3 years also!
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

Hi CoulsdonMum

Congrats to you also on your DD.
we live in South Croydon and only hope she will get friends living in this area to travel with ?

but to be honest either of the schools Wallington and Non such are not straight routes for us . its quicker to drive but not sure if I can do this option everyday . would love too but due to work might not be able to sometimes. we'll see

am hoping the schools will give us an opportunity before we click this accept button online because we would really love to have a tour of the school. I have called the school but the answerphone says they will be writing to us on the 6th March Wednesday? or 9th so I will wait till then to ask if we can come for tour

have you tried finding the quickest way to travel for your DD ? or are you going to be doing school runs too?
Coulsdonmum

Post by Coulsdonmum »

Initially we plan to take her but not sure how that will work with my DS too. Currently my DH works from home so does the school runs but my job is due to finish end of April so guess it depends on if I can find another job, all a bit unsure at the moment. Oh just got an email from Nonsuch LST me go see what it says, be back soon ....
Coulsdonmum

Post by Coulsdonmum »

The email says they are doing a tour on Fri 18th March 8:30 to 9:30. Email them using the admissions email on their website :D
Dancedance

Post by Dancedance »

Hi coulsdonmum,

When we were researching travel to NS from coulsdon, we found that the easiest route is a bus to wallington train station and then a train from there to Cheam. Hope that helps.
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

Thanks CoulsdonMum .

yes Dancedance is correct. for me that's the fastest route also. I actually went to check out Wallington station yesterday and found that its only about 10mins to Cheam . but Note that from Cheam station to Nonsuch itself is about 15minute walk.

it now depends on how far you live from Wallington station.
Coulsdonmum

Post by Coulsdonmum »

Mittleme

Did you contact the school, are you going to the tour next fri?
Coulsdonmum

Re: Nonsuch Girls result - please add comments here from the

Post by Coulsdonmum »

Having looked round the school today and travelling there at normal school start time I am now much more relaxed. The journey was OK, a little traffic and an accident but having parked on a side road and walked the last bit the journey took 35 mins. Obviously it will take longer by public transport but will worry about that later.

We were shown around by one of the assistant heads, he was very helpful and we had a good look around. DD was quiet about the whole thing, I think she was settled thinking she would be walking to school with all her friends, hopefully when she starts she will be fine.
Coulsdonmum

Re: Nonsuch Girls result - please add comments here from the

Post by Coulsdonmum »

Any more Nonsuch girls???
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now