Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Moormum

Re: Waiting List

Post by Moormum »

I think it may be useful information for next year parents:

Tiffin for boys/ Tiffin Girls - 1st round movements on April, I've heard about offers during May
Sutton Grammar - position 27 in WL got the offer in the end of May
Wallington for Boys - ?
Wallington for Girls -?
Nonsuch - ?
Wilson's - no movement till mid of May (I have no later information)
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I know that the Wally Boys list has moved, but I'm afraid I don't know W/L positions.
Proud Of My DS

Post by Proud Of My DS »

Proud Of My DS wrote:My DS who was in position 27 (on the 23rd of March 2016) on the SGS waiting list, has now been offered a place.
Sutton Grammar place has been officially turned down today. Goodluck to the next DS.
Moormum

Post by Moormum »

Sutton Grammar - up to 28
Wilson - no information about any movement in WL. I know about 2 places given on appeal
Tiffin Girls/ Tiffin Boys - about 20 places (not sure)
Wallington Girls/Wallington Boys - list has moved. No information about WL positions
Nonsuch - OOC list has moved up to 37 position. The last score to be offered a OOC place is 298 (25.05.2016)
kuku123

Post by kuku123 »

Hi Moormum,

Does this mean Wilson's is still above its PAN as it offered the places to 218 boys this year as well as per previous posts?
Any Idea!!
Last edited by kuku123 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmomma

Post by bigmomma »

I'm curious, given that its mid June, how likely is it that there will still be movement in waiting list for Grammar schools? at which point does it actually stop.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

bigmomma wrote:I'm curious, given that its mid June, how likely is it that there will still be movement in waiting list for Grammar schools? at which point does it actually stop.
Depends how long LEAs / individual schools feel they have to wait before taking the children who don't turn up in September off-roll?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

ToadMum wrote:
bigmomma wrote:I'm curious, given that its mid June, how likely is it that there will still be movement in waiting list for Grammar schools? at which point does it actually stop.
Depends how long LEAs / individual schools feel they have to wait before taking the children who don't turn up in September off-roll?
I think anyone who does not turn up on the first day of school without the parents having been in touch and providing a valid reason is very unlikely to come at all and should be taken off-roll immediately.
I can't understand why some parents fail to notify the schools that they are not taking up the place. It's just so unfair on those still hoping...
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

There is one boy from my DS's school who is at waiting list 40 in Sutton grammar school was offered a place this week.
bigmomma

Post by bigmomma »

If your name comes up on waiting list, who contacts you to inform you, is it the school or the local council and are their waiting lists in sync?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now