Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PurpleDuck

Re: Waiting List

Post by PurpleDuck »

ToadMum wrote:
PurpleDuck wrote:I would imagine the place originally offered and accepted will only get cancelled when the place from a waiting list is accepted. When someone is offered a place from a waiting list, the offering school should advise what action needs to be taken by parents of the child in question with regard to the initially accepted offer.
Check your LA's policy very carefully on this question; some will wait for you to decide whether or not you want to accept the new offer, but others (at least they have in previous years) will withdraw your current place when they pass on to you the new one. The reasoning being that you ranked your preferences for a reason, so if one of your higher preference schools has a place for you now, you would rather have it than the school you have currently.
Thank you for clarifying that, ToadMum. I tried to look up relevant info on Sutton Council's website and failed (it's just me, not the website). If procedures vary between authorities, the best bet might be ringing the admissions office at the Council and asking what process they follow.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
pomfo

Post by pomfo »

Hi,
How do the schools contact parents who's children get a place from the waiting list?
Phone call? Letter?

Regards
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Last year, Tiffin contacted by email and first allocation from waitlist was on Thursday, 27 March, iirc.
confused11

Post by confused11 »

Just spoken to Tiffin's boys regarding waiting list. They have not yet got the information from the council regarding acceptances. They will be informed only next week. As the school is closed over the Easter break, we will hear only after the 11th of April. They did confirm that they have not written to anyone in the waiting list. So 2 more weeks of anxious wait. At least I will not be tempted to check my emails every 10 minutes. :wink:
tefal79

Post by tefal79 »

confused11 wrote:Just spoken to Tiffin's boys regarding waiting list. They have not yet got the information from the council regarding acceptances. They will be informed only next week. As the school is closed over the Easter break, we will hear only after the 11th of April. They did confirm that they have not written to anyone in the waiting list. So 2 more weeks of anxious wait. At least I will not be tempted to check my emails every 10 minutes. :wink:
That is useful to know. Does anybody have any similar information about Wilsons??
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Wilson's will also have waiting list information available at some point after Easter.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
1Dad

Post by 1Dad »

Don't want to set the cat among the pigeons..had a call from SUTTON GRAMMAR To say my boy was being offered a place.... Great news....He was told he did not meet the scores among the original 550 and had missed out by a fraction....so much for tests and waiting lists.
Elevenplus2017

Post by Elevenplus2017 »

We received an offer this afternoon from the Tiffin Boys waiting list. Now to decide which is not easy.
Proud Of My DS

Post by Proud Of My DS »

1Dad wrote:Don't want to set the cat among the pigeons..had a call from SUTTON GRAMMAR To say my boy was being offered a place.... Great news....He was told he did not meet the scores among the original 550 and had missed out by a fraction....so much for tests and waiting lists.
Congratulations to you and your ds, 1Dad, and many thanks for sharing the good news with the rest of us.

(if you don't mind me asking) by how many marks did your ds miss the original passmark. Mine missed by 4.5 marks and is still on the SG waiting list. We live in Sutton. Just wondering whether he stands a chance. Have you heard of any other waiting list conversions?
Proud Of My DS

Post by Proud Of My DS »

Elevenplus2017 wrote:We received an offer this afternoon from the Tiffin Boys waiting list. Now to decide which is not easy.
Many thanks for sharing the good news and giving some of us the hope of being in your position soon. Had your son missed the original passmark (97)?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now