Self-preparation - achievable or I'm too naive?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Self-preparation - achievable or I'm too naive?

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Stroller wrote:I'm glad that the focus is shifting towards English and Maths because they are useful regardless of the outcome of the 11+.
+1. Interestingly I would suggest this has actually made home DIY more feasible and leveled the playing field versus those who were previously crammed with VR/NVR.
Animis opibusque parati
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

SunlampVexesEel wrote:
Stroller wrote:I'm glad that the focus is shifting towards English and Maths because they are useful regardless of the outcome of the 11+.
+1. Interestingly I would suggest this has actually made home DIY more feasible and leveled the playing field versus those who were previously crammed with VR/NVR.
Absolutely. I couldn't agree more with both comments. Also agree with Stroller's point that a child's motivation is crucial for 11+; there is no point in making someone go to a selective school if they don't want to.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Chaddie

Post by Chaddie »

It depends mostly on your child, honestly. Some can just go into the 11+ without a word of preparation and be offered a place, and others can't.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now