Nonsuch / Walllington 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HogRoast

Nonsuch / Walllington 2017

Post by HogRoast »

Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows if Nonsuch & Wallington will be continuing with English written, and maths short answers for their 2nd stage exams in 2017? I heard a rumour about verbal and no-verbal but think it's unlikely.... but if anyone knows for sure I'd appreciate the info.
Thx.
Ladymuck

Re: Nonsuch / Walllington 2017

Post by Ladymuck »

Don't think that they've clarified, but pretty sure that It won't revert to vr/nvr.
Goodheart

Post by Goodheart »

Both schools updated their Admissions Policy last month to reflect the fact that they're now sharing the second stage, under the catchy name "NWETSSEE" (Nonsuch and Wallington Education Trust Second Stage Entrance Examinations).

The Admissions Policy (dated February 2016) on the Nonsuch web site says:
4.3 Those girls who achieve a total pass mark in the Selective Eligibility Test will be invited back to sit the NWETSSEE which comprises two tests: one in English and one in Mathematics, neither of which is multiple choice.
So, no verbal or non-verbal reasoning.
HogRoast

Post by HogRoast »

Thank you, and phew!
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Goodheart wrote:Both schools updated their Admissions Policy last month to reflect the fact that they're now sharing the second stage, under the catchy name "NWETSSEE" (Nonsuch and Wallington Education Trust Second Stage Entrance Examinations).
Is NWETSSEE supposed to be an acronym (it would make for an interesting pronunciation) or an abbreviation read out letter by letter? I think there should be an extra mark for those who can remember it in the test! :wink:
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)