Esher College of Hollyfield School for 6th form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nada29

Esher College of Hollyfield School for 6th form

Post by nada29 »

My DD is keen to change her current school and considering Esher College and Hollyfield.
Can anybody advise which one is more academic? My DD will do English, French, History and possibly Music.
Thank you.
tiffinboys

Re: Esher College of Hollyfield School for 6th form

Post by tiffinboys »

You might like to see their exams results and decide which looks more academic.

http://www.hollyfield.kingston.sch.uk/h ... s_2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.esher.ac.uk/the-college/exa ... %20results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, schools are much more than just exam results. Perhaps you may like to visit the schools and see which one might be better for your dd.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Good results are important but 6th form is so much more than that.

I have seen a huge change in my son since he entered the 6th form in September. He returned to school an overgrown boy and has definitely matured into a delightful young man (excuse the mummy moment :oops: ). This has definitely come from what the school expects of them and the hugely different relationship with teachers and other members of staff.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

nada29 wrote:My DD is keen to change her current school and considering Esher College and Hollyfield.
Do consider travel. It's easy to not bother going in if it's a pain to get to and to then fall by the wayside.
Animis opibusque parati
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Esher is a very good 6th Form college but it really depends on your child. Your daughter may prefer a smaller setting, eg Hollyfield. Esher is very good at getting the pupils to be self motivated which is great prep for university
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now