Does anyone travel from Hounslow to NS or WHSG?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

aathu987

Does anyone travel from Hounslow to NS or WHSG?

Post by aathu987 »

My DD passed NS and WHSG exam and think to list NS as first preference. We are OOC area, DD only scored of 300. This may be too low.
WHSG did not give the score therefore think to list as 2nd preference. Before I list the preferences, would like to know if any one travels from Hounslow to these schools.
flashy

Re: Dose any one travell from hounslow to NS orWHSG?

Post by flashy »

Anyone from Hounslow to Sutton/WCGS?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

flashy wrote:Anyone from Hounslow to Sutton/WCGS?
Hounslow to Sutton is over 20 miles through town or 40 miles on M25, up to two hours on public transport in the morning. Would you really want your DS to spend 4 hours a day commuting to/from school, and that's before he gets on with his 1-1.5 hours homework a night, having to get up probably about 5am? Have you considered moving?
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
allu

Post by allu »

Hi,
I'm in hampton, close to hanworth. I've listed NS as one of the preferences on CAF. Come March, if there are enough DC travelling from near here to NS/ SGS, maybe we could arrange some kind of private transport? Going by public transport, specially in winter would be difficult.

Thanks.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PurpleDuck wrote:
flashy wrote:Anyone from Hounslow to Sutton/WCGS?
Hounslow to Sutton is over 20 miles through town or 40 miles on M25, up to two hours on public transport in the morning. Would you really want your DS to spend 4 hours a day commuting to/from school, and that's before he gets on with his 1-1.5 hours homework a night, having to get up probably about 5am? Have you considered moving?
Quicker by train. No less daft, though, when you take a deep breath and think about it. At least the train (or any public transport) option would give flexibility when taking part in after-school activities, meeting up with friends at the weekend etc. Less important, of course, if you regard school just as somewhere you send your child to have lessons for five hours a day, rather than a community.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
joecool

Post by joecool »

You can get a bus from Teddington High Street - Probably a 10 minute drive from Hounslow in the early morning.

Approx 45 mins to Sutton or just under an hour to Wallington County Grammar School.

I believe a few children already do this, you would probably need to have your son at that bus stop by 06:45am.
aathu987

Post by aathu987 »

You can get train from Hounslow to Chean via Clapham junction . It will take abt 1.15 mins. Just checked the south west train web site.
aathu987

Post by aathu987 »

You can get a train from Hounslow to Chean via clapam junction . It will take 1.00 per south west train web site. Do you know any one dose this journey?
joecool

Post by joecool »

aathu987 wrote:You can get a train from Hounslow to Chean via clapam junction . It will take 1.00 per south west train web site. Do you know any one dose this journey?
Probably a more unrealistic journey, the change at Clapham Junction is not straightforward a fair across the walkway to the other end of the station. At Cheam you are still 3 miles from Wallington County Grammar school. The X26 bus will get you there but I think door to door at least 90 minutes and that's on a good day.
aathu987

Re: Anyone private buses/car from Hounslow to WHSG?

Post by aathu987 »

My DD has been offered a place in WHSG today . I would like to know any private car / coach company running transport service from Hounslow to WHSG? The deadline to accept the place is by 19th, any advice really appreciate here.

Thanks
Aathu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now