Sutton mock format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
grgygirl

Sutton mock format

Post by grgygirl »

I have been under the impression that Sutton mocks tested all four areas ie; English, maths, vr and nvr. Now I'm reading it's just maths and English. I can't seem to link to the PTA page 'frequently asked questions' to clarify.

Does anyone know the format please, for eg; 45 mins 50 questions? I've heard the English is trickier than Wallington but is this because it's more time pressured? Any other link to the format please as my ds is sitting his weekend.
Thanks
PurpleDuck

Re: Sutton mock format

Post by PurpleDuck »

There is only maths and English in the Sutton mock, as Sutton grammars don't do NVR/VR for 11+ (at least the boys' ones, not sure about the girrls).

I don't remember the duration of the papers, but I you look at the start and end time plus 15 minutes break in-between, that should give you an idea. I have a vague recollection of 75 questions in the English paper.

Also, there was a post from a parent involved in running Sutton mocks, maybe you could post your question in reply? It was here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 97#p572497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
grgygirl

Re: Sutton mock format

Post by grgygirl »

Thanks Purpleduck, I'll post there.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now