tiffins girls' uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lazymum

tiffins girls' uniform

Post by Lazymum »

Hi TGS mums,
By this time many have bought their child's uniform and have everything ready.
Can we stitch the name on the science overall and P.E shirt by hand or is it essential to have done by a professional???
In John Lewis, I haven't yet found a science overall in my daughter's size, is it alright if I buy it on Amazon as there is the same one there.

Thanks in advance for your reply. :D
Snowdaddy

Re: tiffins girls' uniform

Post by Snowdaddy »

John Lewis seem to have 2 versions of the blue overall in the samples, one has sleeves longer than the other. Most people buy them a bit big, then roll up the cuffs one turn.

I have heard of people getting the names done at their local dry cleaners, some seem to have a sewing service where they will do that sort of stuff.

We went to JL one Thursday evening, free parking after 6pm and open until 9pm Thursday. In our case we had order in by 7:30pm at the store. Text to say it was in and ready for collection at 9:30 Friday morning. If you are collecting, then park in the green bays and use the lift near car entrance, present your car park ticket and they give you free parking for an hour.

Last year some sizes ran out so don't leave ordering until beginning of September.

One other reminder, Petersham Road is closed until 4th September, and short diversion via Richmond Park closes 8:30pm (15 mins earlier each week), the 65 bus is going via Twickenham, school is on temporary free bus route 565 until 4th Sept
Strontium

Re: tiffins girls' uniform

Post by Strontium »

Yes it's fine to do the embroidery yourself. I first sent them off to the embroiderers mentioned in the school brochure but when DD lost her overall, I just did it myself on the new one with zigzag stitches on my sewing machine. I'm sure you could do it by hand too. With her second PE shirt I got even lazier and drew on the name with a Sharpie...
I'm sure the Amazon overall would be fine.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now