Start/Finish times for SET 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HSP2201

Start/Finish times for SET 2016

Post by HSP2201 »

Could anyone please provide rough timings for SET from past experience. Is start time usually 9am and collection of kids around 11am? As both papers around 45 mins long I believe.

Thanks.
YogaMan

Re: Start/Finish times for SET 2016

Post by YogaMan »

For Sutton we were sent information to check the school website for the arrangements.

for example http://www.wcgs.org.uk/drupal/year_7_criteria" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Goodheart

Post by Goodheart »

Interestingly, I just noticed a slight difference in the 'items to bring' as detailed on the Wallington Boys and Wallington Girls web sites (I haven't checked the other participating schools).
Wallington High School for Girls wrote:Candidates must bring the following items with them in a clear pencil case or small plastic bag:-
• A printout of the email giving their candidate number and zone. This is very important.
• 2 HB or B pencils
• A good quality rubber
• A ruler
Wallington Country Grammar School wrote:Your child will need:
1. The information which will be sent to you in advance to the email address you provide on the registration form with details of venue and candidate number.
2. Two pencils (HB or B), a soft rubber, a pencil sharpener and a ruler in a clear plastic pencil case or bag.
Why are girls being denied access to pencil sharpeners?! I predict that fewer girls than boys will pass the SET this year as they'll be forced to marked the answer sheet with unsharpened pencils. :wink:
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Perhaps boys are more likely to drop and break both pencils!
Gee

Post by Gee »

My DS didn't bring sharpener last year. I provided him 8 sharp pencils. I don't think they even have time to sharp their pencils either for SET or 2nd stage.