Sutton stage 2- Nonsuch, Wallington girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dmaz

Re: Sutton stage 2- Nonsuch, Wallington girls

Post by dmaz »

mausam1 wrote:Stage 2 results are out - got the email just now. DD passed but not sure where she stands with respect to cut-off
Same here, DD passed but we are not sure how she ranks
Bee

Post by Bee »

Just got the email - 374 here.
surreyooc

Post by surreyooc »

Haven't yet received the email. Have checked the junk folder too. Are they giving out the scores as well?
Bibliovore

Post by Bibliovore »

A pass here too, but we are ooc, and it won't be enough for Nonsuch (for which we'd need to be in the top 85 ranked of those who put it at no.1 on their CAF).

Well done to all.
dmaz

Post by dmaz »

Bibliovore wrote:A pass here too, but we are ooc, and it won't be enough for Nonsuch (for which we'd need to be in the top 85 ranked of those who put it at no.1 on their CAF).

Well done to all.
Our DD scored 301, we are OOC as well. I assume that it is not enough to be in top 85
paulrayer

Post by paulrayer »

Just received the result. My DD has scored 331. Any idea if there are chances for this mark for out of catchment area?
Sian1968

Post by Sian1968 »

My daughter didn't pass... I don't understand the scores - can someone help please.

Lowest standardised score for selective ability is 83 on Maths and 83 on English. She got 99 for English and 77 for Maths.

Does this mean that she passed English ok but failed the Maths part?
Goodheart

Post by Goodheart »

Sian1968 wrote:Does this mean that she passed English ok but failed the Maths part?
Yes.
Bibliovore

Post by Bibliovore »

dmaz wrote:
Bibliovore wrote:A pass here too, but we are ooc, and it won't be enough for Nonsuch (for which we'd need to be in the top 85 ranked of those who put it at no.1 on their CAF).

Well done to all.
Our DD scored 301, we are OOC as well. I assume that it is not enough to be in top 85
I made my assumption on the basis that Surrey use a normal standard deviation curve with one standard deviation from the mean being the standard 15 points. That would put our DD who scored 334 at about rank 225/994. Assuming a split of 50% Wallington/50% Nonsuch that might not be enough (I don't know enough about how many candidates won't in reality put the two schools at the top of their CAF or will go private)
301 would be harder, but someone with more experience of how the scores/waiting lists have panned out last year might have a better idea.
kuku123

Post by kuku123 »

Hi All,

My Friend is located OOC and her DD has got 329 marks - What are the chances of getting into Nonsuch? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Many Thanks