Sutton Boys 2nd stage results out...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiffinboys

Re: Sutton Boys 2nd stage results out...

Post by tiffinboys »

He is still in the race. :D
Good Luck
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

The reason they stopped is because when they did parents took too much notice of it and then didn't put their schools in their true order of preference, but changed them depending on the results, leading to huge dramas with waiting lists. There are 435 selective spaces for boys in Sutton as well as more in Kingston and Bromley. In recent years both Sutton and Wally Boys have got their sums wrong and passed too few boys to fill their spaces. Experience tells us that you need to pass over 650 boys, and it wouldn't surprise me to see even more being passed to avoid the risk of not having enough pass in the first place. If they are passing over 700 it is probably because they have a lot applying from a great distance, so they know that in practice they may only be 2nd or 3rd choice for them.
Orange11

Post by Orange11 »

tiffinboys wrote:At least, they should consider giving Very likely, Likely or not likely category, like Latymer or HBS. It is useless info just to know that DC passed the test and is one of 746 candidates for 135 places.

Agree, results of 2nd stage does not give any indication of likelihood of getting the school offer. It's a waste of priority option on CAF for many parents and waste of resources for conducting the 2nd stage entrance exams.
sanata75

Post by sanata75 »

:D My DS also met the required standard for Sutton Grammar; we are in catchment for Sutton (75 places). Now waiting for Wilson's.............. :D
kast

Post by kast »

Such a useless info as tiffins boys said!!!! Out of 891 students 746 passed so just 145 didn't pass
HSP2201

Post by HSP2201 »

Sadly....my son is one of those 145 not passing Sutton. Absolutely gutted for him. He was so close scoring 266.22 and pass mark was 270.

Even though I expected these results from Sutton and Wilson, as he said he found maths hard for both these schools and missed questions. So had feeling he would not pass.

But to see how close he got. Surprised too like many, how many Sutton passed 746 out of 891. Kind of agree what is point of putting boys through second test.

Congratulations to those 746 boys who passed. Best of luck to all..
11plusplus

Post by 11plusplus »

Last year 917 appeared for SGS 2nd stage
This year 891 appeared for SGS 2nd stage (26 less) and 746 passed - 83.7% pass rate
kast

Post by kast »

@ HSP2201 Im extremely sorry to hear that as he is very close to cut off!!! I really appreciate all of our kids to put such a hard effort for this exams whatever the results might be.
1Dad

Post by 1Dad »

If it's any consolation to you all.... last year my DS was told that he missed the grade by 0.5 of a mark at SG.However after placements was called and offered a place .No wonder they are being extra cautious this time .
To give you even more hope a friends child was not deemed to have attained standard for Wallington boys after the first stage so not in the top 750,yet got into Wilsons....so as long as the school begins next year and you are being patient ,fingers crossed there's hope.
snugasabug

Post by snugasabug »

Hey there, We're out of catchment too! So sad as I liked SGS I think the most. All of them are fantastic schools, just SGS appealed to me. When the admissions pass rate is so huge the admissions form is still a headache.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now