Sutton Boys 2nd stage results out...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

streathammum

Re: Sutton Boys 2nd stage results out...

Post by streathammum »

No it definitely does not mean that he is guaranteed a place. It means what it says - that all boys who achieve the pass mark (including yours) would be suited to and welcome at Sutton Grammar. However, some boys who achieve a pass won't be offered a place because of oversubscription.

There is no way of knowing where our DSs rank at any of the Sutton boys' schools. We'll just have to hope that the schools haven't passed far more boys than they needed to and that our sons are high enough on the list to get a place.
DIYdad

Post by DIYdad »

StreathamMum and Newbie,

It will be interesting to see if everyone who passed received this email today.

Congrats to both of you.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Oh, well, I would assume that it went to everyone. It was titled "SUTTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL - SUCCESSFUL SECOND STAGE TEST CANDIDATES - LETTER FROM HEADMASTER" so it seemed to be for all parents. But yes, it would obviously be interesting if not everyone received it.
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

1Dad wrote:If it's any consolation to you all.... last year my DS was told that he missed the grade by 0.5 of a mark at SG.However after placements was called and offered a place .No wonder they are being extra cautious this time .
To give you even more hope a friends child was not deemed to have attained standard for Wallington boys after the first stage so not in the top 750,yet got into Wilsons....so as long as the school begins next year and you are being patient ,fingers crossed there's hope.
1Dad - I just sent you a message regarding how this worked last year. Hope that's ok?
Mira11

Post by Mira11 »

StreathamMum and Newbie,
It will be interesting to see if everyone who passed received this email today.
Congrats to both of you.

I beleive everyone recieved the email as my friend and I both recieved it too