Tiffin Girls School - 2017 Outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dadathome

Re: Tiffin Girls School - 2017 Outcome

Post by dadathome »

Sunshine_girls wrote:Congratulations to all who got their first preference.

Very happy for my Tiffin girl:)) Any travel buddies from Strawberry hill/Twickenham?

This forum has been of such a great help , Thank you forum members.

Good luck to those on waiting list.
We're in Strawberry Hill - I'll pm you!
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Someone was told their waiting list rank this morning. Not by the school. Possibly by mistake. Clarity of information is always helpful, I wish all applicants were told. There seems to be a cluster of about the size of another class within a couple of marks of the current cutoff.

Don't despair about rank. Right now, nobody knows how much movement there will be.

Knowledge is good. Please share information - you have benefitted from what other people shared in previous years.

If you're reading this with a TGS offer you're definitely planning to decline, please do the decent thing and let the school know quickly.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Infytriumph

Post by Infytriumph »

Anyone from whitton?
dilemmamum

Post by dilemmamum »

My daughter got through Tiffin as well.

I'm looking for travel buddies for her. We live in hounslow, close to whitton borders. Is anyone aware of any minibuses/private coaches to Tiffin girls??

Good luck to all those on waiting lists.
Infytriumph

Post by Infytriumph »

Hi
I still haven't recieved the letter with my daughter's result from Tiffins . Is it too early to get in touch with the school ?
I expected it to be here by yesterday !
dadathome

Post by dadathome »

Does anyone know how the scores are arrived at, and what proportion of the total is Maths vs English? My DD apparently did much better in English, but I'm not sure whether the maximum scores are comparable or whether English has a higher max score.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

The breakdown is 60% for English, 40% for Maths.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
mausam1

Post by mausam1 »

DD got her first preference too at TGS....We are all happy as her hard work has paid off

I just hope that she loves the school, where she is going to spend the best part of her growing up time and excel+enjoy whatever she wants to do.

Congrats to all the other DDs who got through or in the waiting list...
Womum5

Post by Womum5 »

For those on the waiting list, there are 2 girls at our school who are going to independents, and will release 2 places.
dedicated

Post by dedicated »

So pleased our daughter has got her first choice TGS.
Her score was 113.

We will be travelling from East Ewell/Epsom, so it would be great to know if anyone else will have our journey from Sept?

Thank you to this amazing forum for all the invaluable advice and opportunity to share thoughts and information.

Wishing all those on waiting lists the best of luck too.