tiffin girls cashless catering

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bubbles123

tiffin girls cashless catering

Post by bubbles123 »

hi, I was hoping a tiffin girls parent could explain...I have received new details in order to transfer over from primary to secondary school on my parentpay account, for school lunch, trips etc. However, I am a bit confused as in the welcome pack it explains about cashless catering. She will be school dinners so I will put lunch money into parent account....is that all I need to do ? will my daughter be given a card or something to pay ? do i just put money into account and school sorts the biometric system on the first day ? I don't want to worry that my daughter will not have lunch ...due to a mistake that I have made ! thanks
quasimodo

Re: tiffin girls cashless catering

Post by quasimodo »

bubbles123 wrote:hi, I was hoping a tiffin girls parent could explain...I have received new details in order to transfer over from primary to secondary school on my parentpay account, for school lunch, trips etc. However, I am a bit confused as in the welcome pack it explains about cashless catering. She will be school dinners so I will put lunch money into parent account....is that all I need to do ? will my daughter be given a card or something to pay ? do i just put money into account and school sorts the biometric system on the first day ? I don't want to worry that my daughter will not have lunch ...due to a mistake that I have made ! thanks
From my experience with the same system in the West Midlands it can take a few days to sort out the card after the biometric details have been taken.I would send a packed lunch with your daughter until she receives the card and the account is in funds.

Good luck to your dd at her new school.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

As far as I know, TGS is cashless and cardless. If bio-metrics haven't been sorted out on the Induction day, this would be done on the first day of the school. Year 7 and year 12s join a day before rest of the year groups.

Sure that Stroller or some other TGS parent would confirm soon.
As quasimodo suggested, pack lunch on the first day would help. Then you would know the actual situation.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

bubbles123 wrote:However, I am a bit confused as in the welcome pack it explains about cashless catering. She will be school dinners so I will put lunch money into parent account....is that all I need to do ?
Exactly. You top on Parent Pay.
The only twist to the system is that the Girls don't see their balance so it is easy to run out of money if you are having regular lunch and you have a parent is not attentive. The school do operate a book for debts if you get caught out, otherwise you need to rely on your new found friends to avoid starvation.
In practical terms it's not hard.... and if you get stuck you can always ask your clever DD. :D
Animis opibusque parati
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DDs school also use parent pay. (They give them a voucher for a free lunch on their first day, but sort out the finger scan that day too, after that it's all sorted)

There is an option to get alert emails when dinner money runs low or new items appear.

It helps avoid the need for them to tell you it's running low, usually at 7:20 that morning when you are about to leave the house...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I would hope they would explain at a new Parents event - is there one near Induction Day?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

They had parents' meeting same day as Induction day. I suppose they would have explained parentpay and cashless dining then.
bubbles123

Post by bubbles123 »

Thank you for all your replies, very helpful and much appreciated.