Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SET at Nonsuch yesterday
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:24 am 

Did anyone else think that the whole process at Nonsuch yesterday was chaotic? My daughter had the afternoon session and both the arrival and pickup process were delayed, disorganised and chaotic. This is my second time round with this; my daughter took the test at Nonsuch 3 years ago and I was very impressed with the smoothness and organisation - quite the opposite yesterday!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 am 

Another moan....
Apparently the papers yesterday were full of typos and spelling mistakes.
And they're testing our children for grammar, spelling, and punctuation!
{shakes head}

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:38 pm 

My DD sat the test at Nonsuch in the afternoon yesterday. I agree, it was quite chaotic. The letter stated that DD's should be dropped off at the latest at 13:00, so we got there at 12:50. at 13:20 they finally let my DD into the hall (all DD's rushing through the door, no-one was lined up). The pick-up was a bit better organized, but again, lots of standing around and waiting for DD's to come out. It would have helped if each DD only had one person dropping them off,
some DD's had their whole extended families there and the waiting area outside the hall just couldn't accommodate that amount of people. I understand that having your supportive family there can be nice, but if each DD had only 1 adult dropping them off/picking them up, it would have been far less chaotic.

Wow, I was not aware of any typos and spelling mistakes in the test paper. Did your DD spot these or have you heard about it from somewhere else? Just wondering if you think that some of the mistakes may impact DD's scores (ie. were some on the test questions ambiguous due to wrong spelling?) Not expecting any actual examples of course, as those who called in sick are still due to sit the test :wink: .