SET results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
qwatche

SET results

Post by qwatche »

Does anyone have any idea of what communication we will get next Tuesday. My son did the SET at Wilsons yesterday.
I assume I will get a go ahead/don't go ahead from Wallington Boys . Will I also get a come for a 2nd test/ don't come for a second test from both Wilsons and Sutton Grammar or from just one of them. Does each school inform you separately or is it just one joint notification?
streathammum

Re: SET results

Post by streathammum »

Last year, I got one single email with the SET result. It had the following information at the top (it's for a boy):

"The papers from the Selective Eligibility Test held on 14 September 2016 have now been marked.

SUMMARY OF OUTCOMES for [DS]:-
Greenshaw High School – has met the selective standard
Sutton Grammar School – is invited for second stage testing
Wallington County Grammar School – has met the selective standard
Wilson’s School – is invited for second stage testing"

It then went on to explain what each result meant for each school.

I understand that if a child doesn't meet the selective standard for any of the schools, they are told their score in the SET and the cut-off score for each school. If you meet the standard even for just one of the schools, you are not given any scores (at least not for the boys).

Last year, the cut-off for a place at the second stage test for Sutton Grammar School and Wilsons was the same and the cut-off for Wallington Boys was a couple of points higher.

Good luck.
qwatche

Post by qwatche »

Thank you streathammum! Now I will just wait! (with 20 different scenarios in my head every day until Tuesday :D )
Sunshine_girls

Post by Sunshine_girls »

For girls too we just got 1 email stating the outcome

Greenshaw High School – has met the selective standard
Nonsuch & Wallington – is invited for joint second stage test.

No scores given if selected. Good luck
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Yes that's a good point - last year Wilsons and Sutton GS had separate second stage tests but this year they're joint, so you will probably only have three lines - one for Wallington Boys, one for Greenshaw and one for the joint second-stage test for Wilsons and SGS.