Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:31 pm 

I am not able to reach Admissions at SGS or Wilson's to find out about the start time of 2nd stage exams. I put 9 am in my diary some time ago, but can't remember where I would have got this information from. Just checked and the two schools' Admissions websites also don't make any reference to start times.

I presume with fewer children sitting the 2nd stage test there may not be two separate slots (am/pm).

However, if the test is in the afternoon I will have to cancel a swimming competition for my son. Would anybody be able to give me some further info on this? Many thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:38 pm 

There were afternoon sittings for both Sutton and Wilsons last year.

However, this is the first year that Sutton and Wilsons have had a joint second stage test, which might affect the logistics.

Hope they let you know soon - there's enough stress in this process without having to worry about diaries...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 pm 

I don't know if it'll be the same timings for the boys as the girls have got, but DD is in the morning session at Nonsuch and has to be there for 8.30am on Saturday. Pick up is at 11.25am.

A friend's DD has the afternoon session, and has to be there for 12.45pm.

Hope that helps?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 pm 

mrsnoname wrote:
I am not able to reach Admissions at SGS or Wilson's to find out about the start time of 2nd stage exams. I put 9 am in my diary some time ago, but can't remember where I would have got this information from. Just checked and the two schools' Admissions websites also don't make any reference to start times.

I presume with fewer children sitting the 2nd stage test there may not be two separate slots (am/pm).

However, if the test is in the afternoon I will have to cancel a swimming competition for my son. Would anybody be able to give me some further info on this? Many thanks.

I think you should refer to the result email in which they indicated details of test arrangements will be confirmed by these two schools on Tuesday 3rd Oct.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:40 pm 

Thank you all - it definitely helps to know what happened in recent years + judging by Nonsuch's current arrangements I think I better pull out of the event now so that we don't upset his club any further by giving them an even shorter notice later on. I think he would have been keen to take part in the competition in order to let some steam off after the exam :wink:...