Nonsuch 2nd stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Golden75

Re: Nonsuch 2nd stage test results

Post by Golden75 »

Pinkey wrote:My DD also found the Maths paper really difficult - she left several questions out, but is unsure of how many exactly.... I think this may be the end of our grammar school journey unfortunately... :(
Pinkey, I feel exactly the same. Part of me is hoping that my DD may not have done as badly as she says (she was sure she had failed the SET maths paper, but passed, so hey, maybe again...), but I am preparing myself for the news that she didn't pass and part of me is thinking that if this test is an indication of the level of difficulty most of the other grammar school DD's can tackle, then my DD would be playing catch-up at a grammar school from the start...
mk81

Post by mk81 »

Hi. This is my first post. I have been following this forum for last 6 months and am extremely thankful to all for their invaluable advice. Information about the test removed by moderator. She left one question but is not confident about the rest (She is usually good at Maths and it is her stronger subject). I think it was a very challenging paper yesterday but we should stay positive and be proud of our dds... they have worked very hard and given their best shot... if everyone found paper difficult then they still have a good chance.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Golden75 wrote:
Pinkey wrote:My DD also found the Maths paper really difficult - she left several questions out, but is unsure of how many exactly.... I think this may be the end of our grammar school journey unfortunately... :(
Pinkey, I feel exactly the same. Part of me is hoping that my DD may not have done as badly as she says (she was sure she had failed the SET maths paper, but passed, so hey, maybe again...), but I am preparing myself for the news that she didn't pass and part of me is thinking that if this test is an indication of the level of difficulty most of the other grammar school DD's can tackle, then my DD would be playing catch-up at a grammar school from the start...

This is what I keep telling myself. If she doesn't pass then it would never have been the right environment for her. I think the worst case scenario will be if she's close but not quite there.
Sunshine_girls

Post by Sunshine_girls »

{Would be interesting to know when the results went out last year? }

Last year we received email on 18th October late afternoon , they gave DD's Standardised score. Highest and Lowest score. Good luck x
Junebaby

Post by Junebaby »

All of them have worked so hard and regardless of what happens next they should be proud of themselves.
My daughter didn't finish due to time constraints and she said the paper was tricky (whatever that means). I've stopped trying to enquire about it, as I think she just wants to forget about it for now. Anyway we have lots of non grammar open evenings/mornings to attend over the next couple of weeks so she can really understand the potential choices available to her.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Does anyone know how the results are presented? Do we get an answer as to whether they qualify and then a standardised score? Do we get told the actual pass mark? They have to pass both the Maths and English from the second stage?
Bee

Post by Bee »

MCLC wrote:Does anyone know how the results are presented? Do we get an answer as to whether they qualify and then a standardised score? Do we get told the actual pass mark? They have to pass both the Maths and English from the second stage?
Last year the email stated ''I am pleased to inform you that your daughter has been deemed to be of selective ability in the second stage entrance tests held recently. You should be aware that this letter does not represent an offer of a place at Nonsuch or Wallington High School for Girls but is simply a notification of your daughter’s results in the entrance tests; it is to inform you that she has been deemed to be of selective ability. ''

Then we had my DD's standardized total score, Highest standardised total score which passed, Lowest standardised total score which passed
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Thank you!
sharvari.bandal

Post by sharvari.bandal »

There is a lot of confusion about how many questions were there in maths because they were multi-part maths questions(my DD said) so one question will have 3-4 further questions and answer of question b could be depending upon the answer of question a. If you get a wrong there could be a chance of getting b wrong.
Multipart question is really tricky.
Wish all the DD's goodluck for results. Everyone is equally competent and everyone is equally deserving its really tough competition.
twoprincessdad

Post by twoprincessdad »

Hi All,

I have been a follower on this board for a few weeks now; I find this forum immensely useful and hope to contribute in a meaningful way going forward. Huge thanks to all the people who post / answer queries regularly.

I am anxiously awaiting the results of 2nd stage and good luck to all the DD's out there.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now