Good luck to all waiting on results this week!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Re: Good luck to all waiting on results this week!

Post by tiffinboys »

+1

Also if your DD is IC, then the final cutoff score has been in 270 to 280 range in the recent past.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Thanks, good to know about past scores. My Dd's score is in the low 270's, we are IC. I'm fairly sure she won't be offered a place on 1 March, but there may be a slim chance that she could get a place from the waiting list. Today's results have helped us focus realistically at our options. I have printed the email stating that she is of selective eligibility as a keepsake. Even if she doesn't get a grammar school place, she will be a great asset to our local comp. Feeling upbeat and positive about it all :D .
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

Golden75 wrote:Thanks, good to know about past scores. My Dd's score is in the low 270's, we are IC. I'm fairly sure she won't be offered a place on 1 March, but there may be a slim chance that she could get a place from the waiting list. Today's results have helped us focus realistically at our options. I have printed the email stating that she is of selective eligibility as a keepsake. Even if she doesn't get a grammar school place, she will be a great asset to our local comp. Feeling upbeat and positive about it all :D .
First of all Congratulations to your DD. You have to take all of this in context. From what I have read, 3000 girls sat the SET.

900 odd were invited for the stage 2 test and 800 odd of these were deemed eligible. Your DD is one of them, so she definitely has the ability.

DCs with ability will do well whichever school they go to.
appleeye

Post by appleeye »

just read your message and even though you pass the grammar exams or miss it by a few marks do the schools take this into considerations? Or are the SAT results and teachers view a better indication? Sorry to ask but my DD has passed the second stage and is not in the top set for English in her class :( :( :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now