Nonsuch/Wallington Girls Test results 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
whenwillitbeover

Re: Nonsuch/Wallington Girls Test results 2017

Post by whenwillitbeover »

My DD has scored 260. I have no hopes for Nonsuch, but wondering if we should remotely hope for Wallington? Or just give up altogether?

Thank you to those who have taken the trouble to analyse scores for the rest of us. Very very useful!

Congratulations to all those with DDs who have scored well. Both are such fantastic schools to get into. Well done!
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

I've emailed WHSG to ask about cut off scores for the current year 7 group, I'll report back when I get a reply.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

RuedeWakening wrote:I've emailed WHSG to ask about cut off scores for the current year 7 group, I'll report back when I get a reply.
Thanks RuedeWakening, I am curious to know if the WHSG score was lower than Nonsuch.

I find it strange that there is very little talk about WHSG on this site, most posts are about Tiffin or Nonsuch :? . Is Wally girls not as popular? I always thought it was pretty much shoulder to shoulder with Nonsuch.
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

Golden75 wrote:
RuedeWakening wrote:I've emailed WHSG to ask about cut off scores for the current year 7 group, I'll report back when I get a reply.
Thanks RuedeWakening, I am curious to know if the WHSG score was lower than Nonsuch.

I find it strange that there is very little talk about WHSG on this site, most posts are about Tiffin or Nonsuch :? . Is Wally girls not as popular? I always thought it was pretty much shoulder to shoulder with Nonsuch.
We didn't know very much about WHSG either until we decided to visit the school on their open day. No DDs of friends or family are in WHSG so only way to find out was to visit the school. It looked to be a good school, seems academically on par with NonSuch based on recent results but may lack a little in terms of infrastructure.
Last edited by squareofthewicket on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharvari.bandal

Post by sharvari.bandal »

I did drop email to NWET admissions team to get information about last years OOC cut-off score/or score of last girl admitted to school from OOC for both girls school.
I received following reply.

"I am afraid we do not provide cut off scores as they are not comparable year on year and an offer of a place on a particular score last year does not indicate an offer of a place this year. We advise parents if their daughters have passed or not and then parents need to decide what schools to name on the CAF and in what order. I am afraid we cannot give any advice on this."
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

FOI request through what do they know website may be helpful to you and others.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Oh this sort of attitude from NWET really does annoy me. I'm afraid "we think parents are too stupid to understand it" is not a valid reason for withholding information under the Freedom of Information Act and I wish schools and local authorities would stop trying to pretend that it is.

You shouldn't have to submit an FOI request for this sort of info. It should be made available on the website.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

+1

And come to think of it, Nonsuch used to be very transparent about results info, until it was taken over by Wally Girls. I know they call it merger, but Mrs Burton of WallyGirls (& formerly of M&S) has made it look like a take over.
Gringo64

Post by Gringo64 »

I suppose now the 2 schools have formed a trust with only one test, the information regarding cut off scores for the two schools is more sensitive. They wouldn't want one of the schools getting a reputation for being harder to get into than the other and becoming more prestigious as a result.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

To be honest, if they're going to start getting coy about cut-offs, they'd be better off not giving scores at all. The boys schools in Sutton just give pass or fail, no scores.