Nonsuch 2nd stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Golden75

Nonsuch 2nd stage

Post by Golden75 »

My DD sat the stage 2 test today and her 11+ preparation journey is now thankfully over! Mind you, my DD said she will probably miss all the times we sat together doing 11+ practice. Even though there have been many tantrums along the way, it has been quite a nice bonding experience!

Does anyone know when we can expect to receive the results for the Nonsuch/Wallington girls 2nd stage test? Nonsuch website states that results will be emailed before 31 October, which is the Common Application form deadline, but I hope they don't leave it to the last minute. Would be interesting to know when the results went out last year? I understand that they have to mark the 2nd stage papers manually, so it wont be as quick to mark as the SET.

I am also desperate to know what other DD's thought of the test, but will leave that question until a bit later as I don't want to give anyone who is sitting the test on the reserve date any pointers on what was in the test.

We're going out to a nice restaurant to celebrate my DD's hard work and efforts :D . Regardless of the result, she is an absolute star :wink: !

Good luck and well done to all DD's who sat the test today!
MCLC

Re: Nonsuch 2nd stage test results

Post by MCLC »

Yes good luck to all that sat the exam today! :D . My DD found it just as she expected but I told her to try and enjoy it as best she could :lol: We went to see friends for a takeaway this evening to decompress.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

I did a bit of digging and looks like last year the 2nd stage test was held on 2 October and the results were emailed on 18 October. So based on this, this years results will probably go out week commencing 16 October.

My DD spoke to me again about the maths, it's obviously bothering her. She said she thinks there is a good chance she got about 10 answers wrong and she left another 5 blank, so we are looking at around 15 wrong answers (at least!) information removed by moderator :shock: . I think it will take a miracle for her to pass the maths paper...
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Yes we've had conversations about the Maths :( . She even asked her 12 year old brother what he thought. I called time on that conversation as there isn't much we can do now. My DD thought there were less questions than you mention so not even sure she's turned the page :? .
Junebaby

Post by Junebaby »

Yes DD and her friend have also said there were less questions - so perhaps that's positive news for your DD Golden.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Can I ask for those that missed the last few questions was that due to time constraints or the difficulty of the questions?
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

DD said she ran out of time to answer the last few questions, but she also thought the questions were harder than on the SET. She also said there were fewer questions than mentioned upthread.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

DD finished just but there were several questions that she wasn't sure of. She said it was a paper she had never seen the likes of before. Well designed by the examiners I think.
Pinkey

Post by Pinkey »

My DD also found the Maths paper really difficult - she left several questions out, but is unsure of how many exactly.... I think this may be the end of our grammar school journey unfortunately... :(
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Junebaby wrote:Yes DD and her friend have also said there were less questions - so perhaps that's positive news for your DD Golden.
RuedeWakening wrote: She also said there were fewer questions than mentioned upthread.
Information removed by moderator. The maths paper seems to be morphing into a big giant monster in her mind :roll: . If there were even less questions and she got 15 wrong, her odds of getting through will be even worse. I suppose we'll never know as they don't publish the papers.
MCLC wrote: She said it was a paper she had never seen the likes of before. Well designed by the examiners I think.
Yep, my DD said the same, the paper wasn't like any of the 11+ assessments/mocks she had sat before. Maths was always been my DD's weaker subject, but by July/August she was consistently scoring above 90% in all the Bond, Letts and CGP papers, so we felt pretty confident. She said none of the material we did in preparation was like the real test, the test was much harder. So the 11+ material on the market at the moment doesn't seem to meet the actual 11+ difficulty level.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now