SET ********CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Souvik

SET ********CAF

Post by Souvik »

Hi

Can anyone know any cut off marks for SUtton Grammar/ Wilson's/ Wallington

Apparently, they don't give any number, how do we understand, whether there is a chance to get in or not?
mad?

Re: SET ********CAF

Post by mad? »

Search the current SET thread that will give you an idea
mad?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

You only know if your DC passed the round 2 test. Then you go by your preferences.
Souvik

Post by Souvik »

Hi My boy passed the second level, but they only said he is qualified and their pass marks is 480

but they didn't mention, what my son got or what is his rank, so I am really concerned, whether his rank is in a good position or not?

Any suggestion really appreciated

thanks

Ani
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

There is no way of knowing. You just need to name the school(s) on your CAF and hope for the best.

I should add, though, that I get the impression that the schools don't intentionally pass more children than they need to - they pass enough children to fill their PAN but not so many that there will be lots of boys who pass but aren't offered a place. So if you like the school, put it on the CAF and see what happens on offer day.
Wingman100

Post by Wingman100 »

Souvik wrote:Hi My boy passed the second level, but they only said he is qualified and their pass marks is 480

but they didn't mention, what my son got or what is his rank, so I am really concerned, whether his rank is in a good position or not?

Any suggestion really appreciated

thanks

Ani
Ani,

There are two things to think about here:

1) If you would like your son to go to the school that he has passed the test for then you MUST put it on your CAF and in the correct order of preference. If you don't then he will definitely not be offered a place. Your CAF should reflect your true order of preference and there is no advantage to be gained from putting a preferred school lower down on the CAF.

2) You have no way of knowing whether he has a realistic chance of being offered a place at this stage, but neither do any other parents. This will depend upon his actual position in the order of the boys who passed, and this information is not shared.

It is my understanding that if you place this school at the top of you CAF and your DS in not offered a place, you will be advised of his place on the waiting list shortly after the offers are made.

Good luck.
Souvik

Post by Souvik »

Thanks a lot both of you.

Another question--

Do sutton grammar has a catchment criteria?

I think wilson's take only on the merit basis
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Yes it does. Have a look at its website for its admissions criteria. It gives around 75 places to certain postcodes, the remaining 60 or so places are non-catchment.
Souvik

Post by Souvik »

Thanks streathammum

when they qualify the boys , do they have different marks for out of catchment?

Do wilson's also have the same strategy?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

What do you mean? The boys all sat the same test.

The top priority is boys who pass and are looked after. I think this year SGS admitted one boy in this category.

Then there are 75 places for the following postcodes: SM1-7, KT4, KT17, CR0 4--, CR4, prioritised by rank order of the exam.

Then there are 60 places for other boys, prioritised by rank order of the exam. If there aren't enough boys in catchment, they will increase the number of open places to meet their PAN. More likely is that there are more than 75 boys in catchment, so those boys who don't get a catchment place then join the open places list in rank order.

I don't think Wilsons has any catchment places but you should check the admissions criteria yourself.