Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:55 pm 

My son only cleared wallington grammer that is our first preference living in Guildford. Has anyone got through only wallington as first choice in past years when they didn't have many choices. It is decision time .

The other option i have is kent where my son cleared with good scores, but i have to move for more choices.

I didn't plan this way was thinking my son will clear all schools in sutton to be in better position. I have to think about his future so your inputs and advice will help.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:58 pm 

I would suggest to Focus on your local and Kent options.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm 

sony wrote:
My son only cleared wallington grammer that is our first preference living in Guildford. Has anyone got through only wallington as first choice in past years when they didn't have many choices. It is decision time .

The other option i have is kent where my son cleared with good scores, but i have to move for more choices.

I didn't plan this way was thinking my son will clear all schools in sutton to be in better position. I have to think about his future so your inputs and advice will help.

Thinking about his future, what is the journey time from Guildford to WCGS?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:14 pm 

From Guildford what is wrong with George Abbott school or Guildford County .Both great schools .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:17 pm 

My husband works in croydon and my son can go with him every day and come back together.That's why thought wallington is convenient for him to go with his dad ever day . Also there is direct train from guildford at 7.20 reaches at 8 .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:21 pm 

catcool wrote:
From Guildford what is wrong with George Abbott school or Guildford County .Both great schools .

Nothing wrong with them but my son went to open days of all school and liked Wallington grammer. I want him to go where he wants to . Also we are occ of george abbott and guildford county , our in catchments is kings which is inadequate that's why we prepared him for grammer schools.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:07 pm 

Guildford County and George Abbott do not have fixed catchment area . They offer on distance after siblings and children of staff

Guildford County offered to 1.88km and George Abbot 3.900km

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 pm 

sony wrote:
catcool wrote:

Nothing wrong with them but my son went to open days of all school and liked Wallington grammer. I want him to go where he wants to . Also we are occ of george abbott and guildford county , our in catchments is kings which is inadequate that's why we prepared him for grammer schools.

Hi Sony,
I am in the same boat as you.I was planning to travel from Guildford to Nonsuch and wondering if there is any car-pool or any other DCs already going from Guildford area into Sutton schools.Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:14 am 

mumdd wrote:
Hi Sony,
I am in the same boat as you.I was planning to travel from Guildford to Nonsuch and wondering if there is any car-pool or any other DCs already going from Guildford area into Sutton schools.Thanks.

On another thread, you mentioned living in Reading and travelling to Upton Park. Are you sure about your address?