WCHG first stage cut off and SGS second stage cutoff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumi

WCHG first stage cut off and SGS second stage cutoff

Post by kumi »

Hi,
Looking for following scores.
WCHG first stage ( and the only stage) cutoff
And SGS second stage cutoff.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
liceo_classico

Re: WCHG first stage cut off and SGS second stage cutoff

Post by liceo_classico »

Hi Kumi, what do you mean for "cut-off" no score is available for SGS and WCGS once you pass the exam. I have talked to WCGS admissions department and they told me that they don't want people speculating if they are able to make it or not to the school. That by the time you take out people that prefer SGS or Wilson, have sat other exams and go for St Olaves' /Kent grammars and 11+ tourism, it makes difficult to determine your chances. Their message was "if you like the school, put it as one of your preferences in the CAF".

I suggest you call the admissions office at SGS and WCGS if you have any queries.
harmony_11p

Post by harmony_11p »

SGS second stage cut off is 274.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

harmony_11p wrote:SGS second stage cut off is 274.
Is this from official source?
kumi

Post by kumi »

liceo_classico wrote:Hi Kumi, what do you mean for "cut-off" no score is available for SGS and WCGS once you pass the exam. I have talked to WCGS admissions department and they told me that they don't want people speculating if they are able to make it or not to the school. That by the time you take out people that prefer SGS or Wilson, have sat other exams and go for St Olaves' /Kent grammars and 11+ tourism, it makes difficult to determine your chances. Their message was "if you like the school, put it as one of your preferences in the CAF".

I suggest you call the admissions office at SGS and WCGS if you have any queries.
For example wilsons second stage cut off is 480. This information is available in the letters sent to children who could not make it.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kumi wrote:
liceo_classico wrote:Hi Kumi, what do you mean for "cut-off" no score is available for SGS and WCGS once you pass the exam. I have talked to WCGS admissions department and they told me that they don't want people speculating if they are able to make it or not to the school. That by the time you take out people that prefer SGS or Wilson, have sat other exams and go for St Olaves' /Kent grammars and 11+ tourism, it makes difficult to determine your chances. Their message was "if you like the school, put it as one of your preferences in the CAF".

For example wilsons second stage cut off is 480. This information is available in the letters sent to children who could not make it.
harmony_11p wrote:SGS second stage cut off is 274.
Presumably the exams for the two schools were very different, so not comparing like with like, rather than one school 'passing' down to such a very much lower score on the same sort of scale?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Souvik

Post by Souvik »

Hi Kumi

My son has passed the 2nd stage of Wilson's but they also mentioned the Cut off marks is 480 in the letter.

They didn't mention my son's number, they just he is qualified for the test and he is eligible for a place in Sep 2018
Souvik

Post by Souvik »

Hi Harmony_11p

How did you get the SGS cut off marks?

My son qualified the test, but they didn't mention any cut off marks

Thanks
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Presumably the exams for the two schools were very different, so not comparing like with like, rather than one school 'passing' down to such a very much lower score on the same sort of scale?
I believe papers were the same, but weightage in Wilson's and SGS were different. Also one school may have qualified more candidates than the other one. For example, Wilson's may have passed top 400 and SGS top 600.
harmony_11p

Post by harmony_11p »

Hi Souvik,

Those who missed Sutton second stage are informed of this cut off of 274, based on data I collected from users on this forum.

Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now