WCHG first stage cut off and SGS second stage cutoff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumi

Re: WCHG first stage cut off and SGS second stage cutoff

Post by kumi »

harmony_11p wrote:Hi Souvik,

Those who missed Sutton second stage are informed of this cut off of 274, based on data I collected from users on this forum.

Thanks
Hi Harmony_p11 and other memebers,
But looking at wilsons cut off of 480 with ratio of 1:2:2
and SGS cut off of 274 with ratio of 2:2:3:3 does not add up. it can not have such a big difference of cut off.
in nutshell Wilson is taking 20 of 100 from SET1 and 80 of SET2 and SGS is taking 40/100 of SET1 and 60/100 of SET2. this can not give cutoff difference of 200 points even after considering that Wilson have higher cut off. I must be missing something .
kumi

Post by kumi »

I read somewhere that WCGH cutoff was 215. and also on their website it says that their cutoff is higher amongst other grammar school participating in SET.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Wallington only uses the first stage test (the SET) for its admission test. To pass the SET for Wallington you need a higher score than to pass the first stage for Wilsons and Sutton - but for Wilsons and Sutton you then need to sit a second stage test as well, and those scores are combined in the different ratios to give overall marks for each school.

The Wilsons and Sutton SET scores would (I think) be restandardised before being added to the second stage test. It's possible that they are being standardised differently, in which case there may be very different 'pass' marks for each school.
harmony_11p

Post by harmony_11p »

Hi Kumi,

You are right 274 cut off of sutton does not match wilson cut off of 4??, these are completely different scores. But there is a way out, when sutton score is divided by 3 and times by 5, gives a comparable score to wilson. Though outcome may vary case to case depending on performance in stage 1 vs stage 2.

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

So - how did harmony_11p's predictions pan out to for you all? Were they accurate?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now