Tiffin Girls stage 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sleeplessmum

Tiffin Girls stage 2

Post by sleeplessmum »

Hi ,

Trying prepare for stage 2 TGS- struggling but trying to keep the momentum going. It feels like the survival of the fittest!!

Do you think the maths will be the same standard as at Nonsuch stage 2- that was hard from my dd point of view?

Will it be the same format as stage 1-45 mins English and 45 mins maths?

Can anyone recommend any good comps.

Thank you.
sharvari.bandal

Re: Tiffin Girls stage 2

Post by sharvari.bandal »

As far as I know English is 2 section long paper.
1st part is written comprehension and 2nd part is creative writing. 1 part of maths 1-45. Tiffins second stage is lengthy paper than Sutton stage 2. Sutton stage 2 had only 1 part of english.

It is really hard to keep the momentum going my DD is so fed up. She stopped studying.
stateschoolman

Post by stateschoolman »

sharvari.bandal wrote:As far as I know English is 2 section long paper.
1st part is written comprehension and 2nd part is creative writing. 1 part of maths 1-45. Tiffins second stage is lengthy paper than Sutton stage 2. Sutton stage 2 had only 1 part of english.

It is really hard to keep the momentum going my DD is so fed up. She stopped studying.
Apologies for my stupidity.. which of the following bullet points are you saying :-

* 3 separate tests (maths, comprehension and writing) each 45 minutes.

* Maths 45 minutes, Comprehension & Writing 45 Minutes

* none of the above.

And can you provide us with the some context of the source of such information? (TGS website, email from TGS, link to forum post from last year, my mate George etc..)

Thanks
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Can't really blame her. She has been to all over London and around. Bit of rest will help her recharge.

May be she feels she is now ready for anything that one can throw at her. Best of Luck to her.
sharvari.bandal

Post by sharvari.bandal »

stateschoolman wrote:
sharvari.bandal wrote:As far as I know English is 2 section long paper.

Apologies for my stupidity.. which of the following bullet points are you saying :-

* 3 separate tests (maths, comprehension and writing) each 45 minutes.
- 2 Tests - 1 for English has 2 separate section -
Comprehension(written) and Creative writing - Total is not 45 mins its much longer than 45 mins but I am not sure about exact timing. But ballpark figure is 30 mins for comprehension and 30 to 40 mins for creative writing.
- 2nd Maths 45 -50 mins - not sure exact time.

* Maths 45 minutes Comprehension & Writing 45 Minutes
Timing I am not sure.

* none of the above.

And can you provide us with the some context of the source of such information? (TGS website, email from TGS, link to forum post from last year, my mate George etc..)

- I got this information from 3-4 different sources - From 2-3 different set of parents whose kids appeared for TGS in last 2 years and also from my DD's tuition class.
This was the format for last 2 years but TGS can change anything so can't predict what it will be this year.

Thanks
stateschoolman

Post by stateschoolman »

Thank you for providing the context.