Tiffin Stage 2 exam - Level of Difficulty today....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vluckymum

Tiffin Stage 2 exam - Level of Difficulty today....

Post by vluckymum »

Hi There,
My son found the difficulty in maths easy and English more difficult.
[edited by moderator] Worried if he has done enough to pass as Tiffin is our first choice!

What did everyone else think? was it along the same lines?

thanks
phantomguzzler

Re: Tiffin Stage 2 exam - Level of Difficulty today....

Post by phantomguzzler »

Similar here, he thought maths was hard but he could do it but had to guess or rush the last 4 questions, English comprehension he said was really tough but he enjoyed the writing, said he wrote a page and a half so hope that was enough.
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Feedback following 11+ exams across most of London appears to be:

1. Hardest of tests so far
2. Seems like every child spoken to missed questions and had to guess questions which was not the case in other exams.
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY- Sports Hall was freezing with darling children not performing optimally till the heating kicked in almost an hour later!
4. This meant first test i.e. the creative writing was demanding with most kids completing with jackets on and requiring gloves as they had already cued for almost 40 minutes outside earlier.
5. Second part was english comprehension where most kids missed at least one question.
6. Maths difficult with again kids guessing at least two questions.

Best of luck to all, great for the kids to have competed at such an early age and it's important for them to know this is one of many tests to come. Just do your best and leave the rest to destiny. ATB!
sanpoolo

Post by sanpoolo »

vluckymum wrote:Hi There,
My son found the difficulty in maths easy and English more difficult.
[edited by moderator] Worried if he has done enough to pass as Tiffin is our first choice!

What did everyone else think? was it along the same lines?

thanks
My son said maths exam is very easy . He said comprehension was quite hard . Our first choice is Wilson .
chotunaru

Post by chotunaru »

alchemist wrote:Feedback following 11+ exams across most of London appears to be:

2. Seems like every child spoken to missed questions and had to guess questions which was not the case in other exams.
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY- Sports Hall was freezing with darling children not performing optimally till the heating kicked in almost an hour later!
4. This meant first test i.e. the creative writing was demanding with most kids completing with jackets on and requiring gloves as they had already cued for almost 40 minutes outside earlier.
5. Second part was english comprehension where most kids missed at least one question.

Best of luck to all, great for the kids to have competed at such an early age and it's important for them to know this is one of many tests to come. Just do your best and leave the rest to destiny. ATB!

I m so much relieved to read about how other children felt about the exams difficulty level and to have someone written about the room condition which is more important for these small children to face these hard exams.

My DS felt English was ok but In Maths he couldn’t and didn't have time to attempt few questions! Many were saying other way around while walking back that Maths was easy but English was ok or hard...

He also mentioned to me that the hall was cold which made him use more tissues to deal with his running nose!

He is generally a Maths boy rather than an English loving child. Having seen him saying that he couldn’t finish his maths paper we were really surprised..!

If the difficulty level of Maths had been hard in general for most of the child as in Sutton exams, it would have been ok! Understandable..
Perhaps yesterday was not his day..Let it be!
My only concern was like if we had known the result of this test earlier b4 the cut off date, it would have saved us an option to opt for some other School!
I wish the last day of this 11+ journey had not ended this way:(
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

School should be made aware about heating problems in the Sports Hall. No complaints so far about the Dance Hall, if it was used as well.
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

tiffinboys wrote:School should be made aware about heating problems in the Sports Hall. No complaints so far about the Dance Hall, if it was used as well.
Never thought about complaining, but given the analytical way one has to look at things in preparation for the 11+ I would say just because the heating may have been put on at the same time in the Dance Hall, does not take away from the fact that sports halls are larger spaces and probably take longer to heat :lol:
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

chotunaru wrote:
alchemist wrote:Feedback following 11+ exams across most of London appears to be:

I m so much relieved to read about how other children felt about the exams difficulty level and to have someone written about the room condition which is more important for these small children to face these hard exams.

My DS felt English was ok but In Maths he couldn’t and didn't have time to attempt few questions! Many were saying other way around while walking back that Maths was easy but English was ok or hard...

He also mentioned to me that the hall was cold which made him use more tissues to deal with his running nose!

He is generally a Maths boy rather than an English loving child. Having seen him saying that he couldn’t finish his maths paper we were really surprised..!

If the difficulty level of Maths had been hard in general for most of the child as in Sutton exams, it would have been ok! Understandable..
Perhaps yesterday was not his day..Let it be!
My only concern was like if we had known the result of this test earlier b4 the cut off date, it would have saved us an option to opt for some other School!
I wish the last day of this 11+ journey had not ended this way:(
Many thanks and I also found your feedback very useful a lot more useful than people coming on this platform to say oh our kids found it easy and got a gazillion marks. Hope they look into this heating business if not for our kids then the following years.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now