Nonsuch 2015, 2016 & 2017 cut off scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hbsseal

Re: Nonsuch 2015, 2016 & 2017 cut off scores

Post by hbsseal »

MCLC wrote:
RuedeWakening wrote:Thank you for raising the request - I'm astonished that my daughter would have got an OOC place at Nonsuch in each of the last 3 years, it raises my hopes for allocation day this year (we are 200m from WHSG but 200m OOC for Nonsuch, WHSG is 1st and Nonsuch 2nd on the CAF).

I hope WHSG come back with a response soon - when I clicked the link it seemed to be saying the message hadn't been delivered though? Not used the website before so apologies if I've misunderstood.
Yes I noticed same re the message not being delivered!
The message was initially not delivered because the system had a wrong email address for WHSG. But I found the correct address, so the message was sent and I received the delivery receipt.

Further, I also made the request to NWET directly.

I assume the site will update in due course, else I shall post the results here whenever I have them.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

hbsseal wrote:
MCLC wrote:
RuedeWakening wrote:Thank you for raising the request - I'm astonished that my daughter would have got an OOC place at Nonsuch in each of the last 3 years, it raises my hopes for allocation day this year (we are 200m from WHSG but 200m OOC for Nonsuch, WHSG is 1st and Nonsuch 2nd on the CAF).

I hope WHSG come back with a response soon - when I clicked the link it seemed to be saying the message hadn't been delivered though? Not used the website before so apologies if I've misunderstood.
Yes I noticed same re the message not being delivered!
The message was initially not delivered because the system had a wrong email address for WHSG. But I found the correct address, so the message was sent and I received the delivery receipt.

Further, I also made the request to NWET directly.

I assume the site will update in due course, else I shall post the results here whenever I have them.

Thank you again for taking the time to post!
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

Superb, thank you!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Good efforts, hbsseal. Thank you.

Hopefully the schools would learn to put relevant cutoff details on their websites, soon after the national allocation date and update by !st September each year.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Golden75 wrote:
it has been posted many times that an IC score of 288 secured a place from the Nonsuch waiting list in May. Many parents (myself included) whose DD's scored below 288 were feeling quite disheartened about their DD's chances purely because they believed that a score of 288 was not enough in 2017 to secure a place on 1st of March.

However, the data from Nonsuch paints a different picture. It shows that an IC cut-off score on 1st of March was 254. There is a big difference between 288 from waiting list and 254 on offer day. My conclusion was therefore that since an IC score of 288 would have received an offer on 1st of March already, the DD must have been an OOC candidate (probably living close to the catchment border thinking they live inside the catchment circle, but Nonsuch measurements have placed them outside).
Maybe the girl who scored 288 was in catchment but the family had not ranked Nonsuch as their first preference on the CAF and on 1 March was offered the highest preference school for which the girl had qualified. Then the reality of logistics hit home, she joined the Nonsuch waiting list and with a score well above the cutoff, she was offered the next available place.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Choco

Post by Choco »

That was exactly my idea of what was likely too - they were late joining the waiting list and so were offered the next available place, but previously, people with lower scores had been offered places from the waiting list.

I think this happens a fair amount. As was said, some people realise that the school they put 1st on CAF is just too far away and so join another waiting list late, knowing their child would have easily qualified for the school they are joining the list of. Or sometimes children perform better than they expected and after initial allocations, join the waiting list of a higher ranked school than they initially out first.

In Kent, the superselectives post the cut of the IC and OOC (if both exist) for allocations day and then update. They clearly make the point that the last allocated place cutoff score can rise rather than fall, because highly qualified candidates often join the waiting list - if I recall correctly, it tends to be OOC that rises, so it's interesting that here in the Nonsuch example in 2 years it's the OOC score that drops significantly.
annaMc

Post by annaMc »

If this is the thread that started the rumour about cut offs

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 5&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the poster with 288 didn’t actually explicitly state that they were in catchment. All they said ‘288 and still waiting’.

EDITED to say: ignore the above. I found another comment where the same poster said they were IC.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Stroller wrote: Maybe the girl who scored 288 was in catchment but the family had not ranked Nonsuch as their first preference on the CAF and on 1 March was offered the highest preference school for which the girl had qualified. Then the reality of logistics hit home, she joined the Nonsuch waiting list and with a score well above the cutoff, she was offered the next available place.
That's an interesting point Stroller, I hadn't thought of this option.
hbsseal

Post by hbsseal »

WHSG data should be on the site now. If you cannot see it let me know as I have the pdf file.

In summary OOC was 311 on 1 March, and 286 after clearance of WL. So not too dissimilar to Nonsuch.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

hbsseal wrote:WHSG data should be on the site now. If you cannot see it let me know as I have the pdf file.

In summary OOC was 311 on 1 March, and 286 after clearance of WL. So not too dissimilar to Nonsuch.

Thank you for the details. I am unable to locate it. Is it possible to have the pdf file please?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now