Tiffin Girls - Practice Papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lizziew

Tiffin Girls - Practice Papers

Post by lizziew »

I was just wondering what test papers I should use to help my daughter prepare for the Tiffin Girls school entrance exam. She is at a good level in English and Maths, reads a lot and has a good vocabulary.

So I think what she really needs is practice on the types of questions that might come up as well as improved exam technique and speed.

Thanks in advance for your help.
yoyo123

Re: Tiffin Girls - Practice Papers

Post by yoyo123 »

have a look here as a starting point
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/Surrey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lizziew

Post by lizziew »

Thanks YoYo. I did look at that page but I wasn't sure how up to date it was as it talks about the format of verbal and non verbal reasoning tests for Tiffin Girls school and actually they don't do those types of tests any more.
paulrayer

Post by paulrayer »

Hi lizziew,
Did you manage to find any useful information? My daughter is also of similar category and I'm also looking for similar materials/books to prepare her for the Tiffin Grammar School.
sun_juana

Post by sun_juana »

Hi, can anyone help?

I can't find anything regarding details of the TG exam. Any previous test paper available? I read someone said it is GL type of test, is it still valid for this year?

THanks.
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Hi there,

I suspect the reason it's so quiet is everyone is waiting for results this week! :?

Re. TGS, I actually have a son, but suspect it's probably similar to Tiffin Boys. I would say aim for GL and First Past the Post standard. Good to start on something lower (Bond?), but by January, you need to move up. Expect tough and little time in which to do it. So I would test under exam type conditions from the Spring. Try the Sutton mocks for practice, but do allow for the stress of the actual day, which is very different.

If they are managing GL at 80 - 85% by early summer, that's what you're aiming for.

The 11 Plus Exam Papers, available to purchase here, which our tutor has, are very good. Especially the Maths ones, so if you can get those, they are similar but slightly harder than GL.

HTH.
Ann-m

Post by Ann-m »

I was just wondering what test papers I should use to help my daughter prepare for the Tiffin Girls school entrance exam. any advise please.