Lowest qualifiying score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MCLC

Lowest qualifiying score

Post by MCLC »

On 1st March if you don't get your chosen school (grammar) can you find out the lowest qualifying score on the same day?
hermanmunster

Re: Lowest qualifiying score

Post by hermanmunster »

which area are you referring to ? Results tend to get collated on here then in some areas the actual scores / distances are released by the LEA / schools and people post them on here
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

It totally depends on your area e.g. in Bexley they tell you the qualifying score on the results letter so you know already if you've qualified and then it goes on distance. For the superselectives in Orpington one of the schools tell parents what the qualifying score range was in the last few years and then we find out a bit more for this year by parents sharing scores close to the cut off on this board on and shortly after 1 March. Try looking on the threads for your region as you may get a bit more information if the region you are looking at is based on score.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Thanks. LEA is Wandsworth. I'm thinking of Tiffin / Nonsuch and Wallington.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MCLC wrote:Thanks. LEA is Wandsworth. I'm thinking of Tiffin / Nonsuch and Wallington.
Those schools aren't actually in Wandsworth, though? -All Wandsworth would know, I would assume, is the result of their requests to Kingston and ?Sutton on your behalf, that is, 'yes, a place can be offered' or, 'no, no place can be offered'; there wouldn't be any reason for Wandsworth to know the lowest score offered by a school in a different LEA. You could try asking the schools directly, or the Admissions team in the relevant LEA.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

ToadMum wrote:
MCLC wrote:Thanks. LEA is Wandsworth. I'm thinking of Tiffin / Nonsuch and Wallington.
Those schools aren't actually in Wandsworth, though? -All Wandsworth would know, I would assume, is the result of their requests to Kingston and ?Sutton on your behalf, that is, 'yes, a place can be offered' or, 'no, no place can be offered'; there wouldn't be any reason for Wandsworth to know the lowest score offered by a school in a different LEA. You could try asking the schools directly, or the Admissions team in the relevant LEA.

Thanks ToadMum - yes exactly re the schools not being in the borough of Wandsworth. If she doesn't get either of them on allocation day I will try the LEA's for Sutton and Kingston and also the schools on 1 March.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

I think that if a place isn't offered at Nonsuch/Wallington you can find out the lowest qualifying score - certainly a friend whose daughter got into Wallington via the waiting list a couple of years ago knew the qualifying score needed, however this was before the schools used the same exams, so it might have changed.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Thanks RuedeWakening